Lowest prices for your stay
US$111
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews green lake china trip stayed one night amenities english slippers
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights at the hotel. The rooms are lovely and quiet, the hotel reception speak some English which is helpful and there's a nice pool and spa on site. Breakfast is good, though a little pricey. By far the nicest hotel we stayed in during our China trip.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2019

Right in front of the Green Lake, this is a very beautiful location. Because I had a single day stay and came from a very tiring trip I couldn't wait for an hour to get my room - otherwise, the staff at reception said they can get me the lake view room.

Staff was extremely helpful and when I came back to room on the first day I was pleasantly surprised to find slippers put neatly near the bed and a very interesting good night drink (cold soup). Overall a very nice experience. Will definitely like to stay here when I come again to Kunming.

As for the parking, on way out the guard asked for 90 RMB charge for parking (seems like tourists use their parking sometime) but when I showed the reservation on hotels.com they let us go without paying anything.

Good experience overall in a very short trip.

Room tip: Ask for the lake facing room.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Usman M
Reviewed 24 June 2019

From the entrance to all public areas and bar area the decor is really nice.
Our room was excellent, with all amenities, superb bathroom.
Upon arrival they brought us a nice soup as a welcome.
Superb rich various breakfast, great Chinese food.
Few of the staff speak English but they try hard to please and help.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights here. Room was very comfortable and bed was perfect - not too hard, not too soft. Loved the views of the lake from our room. Highlight was the breakfast - which had just about everything on offer. Special thanks to Lucky, Linda and Ben (not their chinese names I know!!) on the front desk for looking after us so well - they really went out of their way to help.
Only reason I didn't give the hotel a 5 star review was that they asked for a room deposit (in full we were told, not just held on the card), equal to the full cost of our stay and, with a four night stay, I wasn't happy about this at all. We did manage to negotiate this down, but it took an awful lot of time to do so and wasn't a great introduction to such a lovely hotel. Using a credit card for overseas visitors can be costly as it is in China as the bank often takes the payment in the home currently (not CNY) at a terrible rate (and without requesting the payer) and therefore this would cost me twice when it was being reimbursed. I could of course have used cash, but this was my last stop and I didn't want to be left with loads of CNY.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2019

We stayed 2 nights at this large hotel in May 2019. Friendly staff but their English language skills are very limited. Small Western style room and small bathroom.
Important: only the 5th floor is a nonsmoking floor; all other floors are smoking. And: We noticed there is only a small sign near the elevator to inform you that you are on a nonsmoking floor. Nowhere in the room you will find a sign that you are in a nonsmoking room
The bed and shower are good. Wi-Fi is slow. The room has two small windows which can be opened to get some fresh air, but traffic outside is noisy, even with the windows closed.
In the room there is a fridge and water cooker to make tea or coffee. There is also a French style coffeemaker. The lighting in the room is very good.
Laundry in the hotel is very expensive, for the prices they charge you can actually buy new clothes! For washing a T-shirt they charge €8 while i bought them for €10. Handkerchiefs which i buy for €1 cost €4,50 to get washed!
The breakfast buffet is mainly Asian and the service is disappointing. The restaurant has a really nice kid’s corner (see photo). The carpet in the restaurant needs urgent cleaning or even replacement.
The hotel has a spa, a gym and an indoor swimming pool which we didn’t use.
There are no restaurants close to the hotel. You will find a few 15-20 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Closer to the hotel you will find a few small shops.
Opposite of the hotel you will find the Green Lake Park, a great place to go and see people dance, singe or play an instrument during the evening. In the morning many people will practice taichi there.

Date of stay: May 2019