Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
US$68
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Agoda.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews green lake breakfast buffet is walking distance top floor hotel staff noodles china
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

My friends & I stayed 3 nights at this hotel on 20 Sep 2019.

The air conditioner panel in my room was not working hence they changed my room, and provided us a portable air conditioner.

Apparently all rooms air conditioner does not work during the cold weather from Sep, hence the rooms were very stuffy during the night. But you can request for a portable air conditioner from the Front Office.

Hotel location is not bad,other then that nothing special.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank DLYSan
Reviewed 5 August 2019

Large, modern hotel near the park (Green Lake) and shops. Staff were friendly and rooms were comfortable. The breakfast buffet is extensive, providing local and western options. The gym, on the top floor, has the best view in the hotel. There's a small bar area to the left of reception where you can chill and have a beer, otherwise there are not many public spaces where you can chill. You can also walk to some of the key sites from the hotel. A must-see is the park, which we visited on a weekend, which was full of locals dancing, singing or playing instruments. One of the highlights of our visit to China. There is also a fantastic local restaurant just around the corner where you can get delicious 'over the bridge' noodles.

Room tip: choose a room on a higher floor with a view of Green Lake
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

This hotel advertises air conditioning in every room. In order to save money however the system is usually switched off. In exceptional circumstances it is switched on. During these times it is severely rationed. A/C is switched off at night causing the temperature in the room to rise sharply and disturbing sleep.

The hotel has just one restaurant. It often offers a buffet. It is NOT equipped with sneeze guards. Lots of the patrons are given to coughing and sneezing while serving themselves. This does result in lots of sneezed upon and presumably contaminated food on offer. I avoid eating in the restaurant when forced to stay in this hotel by work.

This was the first “5 Star” hotel in Kunming but these days there are many others to choose from. I would look elsewhere if you have to visit Kunming.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2019 via mobile

This was one of the few hotels which had availability for the night we needed.
It is well located and within walking distance of a few things and some good cafes and parks.
I found the staff helpful although there was a language barrier. The rooms feel tiered and in need of urgent attention. The breakfast that one reviewer said was great was not so great. Although there is lots of choice the western food is badly done. The saving grace is the coffee machine. At least that wasn’t broken on my visit.

I’m not too sure I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2019

Unfortunately the first impression thanks to check-in staff ruined the experience. Slow check-in staff, had to insist through our tour guide to check in at my turn before the Chinese business man who just walked in, and staff made a mistake with creditcard transaction and blamed me for it... The front desk staff did not bring a five star, 4 star or any acceptable experience at check-in or during stay.

Nice location next to the park and comfortable, clean rooms. Attention to detail in the room and with the amenities in the room. Very comfortable bed - and very good and attentive housekeeping staff.

Date of stay: March 2019