Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews black sea coast kids club swimming pool rooms are clean spa amenities bay perfection hairdryer excursions iron sunbeds dishes
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2020

extremely friendly and polite personnel;
wide range of tasty food;
coast is covered in pebble, and there is no stairway to the sea;
due to legal requirements the hotel cannot prevent local residents from staying at the beach;
strong winds can affect working hours of the pool and hotel’s beach.
Kempinski Grand Hotel seems to be one of the few hotels at the Black Sea coast, which combine Western standards of hotel service and Russian hospitality.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank A9610ZKelenab
General Manager, Генеральный директор at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2020

Dear guest,

First of all, let me thank you for pointing out positive sides during your stay.
Your comments will definitely motivate our staff to continue provide the impeccable service and strive to improve for the best.
At the same time please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences on our beach. Kindly be informed that we are working on the improvement of beach complex which will become much more private and comfortable next year.
I do hope that you will visit our hotel next year and appreciate the changes.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik in the very near future!

Reviewed 31 August 2020

the hotel is located at the extremity of the of Gelendzhik bay.
the nature is gorgeous and the amenities very well maintained.
People do their best to offer service at international standard level (even if you are in Russia where it exists almost only in Moscow)
at the reception during check in, you are offered a cup of sparkling wine.
the room are space with all required amenities, iron, board, hair dryer, ...
Rooms are clean, and furniture in good shape.
the bed is very confortable.
the breakfast can be served in room, and is served on the ground floor.
the breakfast has a very large of dishes, tasty, and you can enjoy a terrasse next to the pool, if you want to breath fresh air.
Hotel has a beach (not absolutely private), where you will find very confortable sun beds.
You can practice all kinds of sport (tennis/basketball/handball/...) and hotel has also a spa.
At the front desk, you will also find a "lady in red" who can suggest & book restaurants, but also organize taxi/cars/excursions...
Meantime, according to me this hotel is too expensive for the experience offered.

Room tip: choose a room with view on the lighthouse, no interest in choosing a bungalow
2  Thank 990MatthieuL
General Manager, General Manager at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Dear guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to post your feedback about your recent stay at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik. All the guest feedbacks are really valuable for us in order to provide the highest quality of service at the hotel as we strive to improve with each and every stay.
I am delighted to learn that you had a great experience and enjoyed our facilities at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik in the nearest future!

Reviewed 20 August 2020

Never ever go to this place in summer! Never ever go to the city of Gelendzhik in summer! City officials have huge problems with public utilities, especially in terms of water supply! If you have a choice and if you don't want to waste your money, you'd better go to Turkey or somewhere else, but not Gelendzhik! At least untill the city authorities solve the water supply problems (which I think they will never do - I've lived in Gelendzhik for 40 years and the problem of water supply is only getting worse every year). No water in the city either cold or hot. people fight for water when a car delivers water to the residential areas in the mornining. The hotel is not out of the reach of all these problems. No water at the beach and not only for showering purposes, but even in the toilets! One of these days the staff had to run to the sea to fetch water for the toilets! Yesterday the toilets were closed at all due to the absence of water! Can you imagine a 5-star hotel without water in the toilets?! I could not believe my eyes when I saw a note at the toilet entrance (see image attached. Photo taken on Aug 19, 2020). So, if you want to spend your money wisely and enjoy your holiday NEVER EVER GO TO KEMPINSKY GRAND HOYEL GELENDZHIK!

Room tip: Choose another hotel! Stay away from here!
Date of stay: August 2020
General Manager, Генеральный директор at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you took the time to share your recent experience with us. Your opinion is extremely important to us;
Taking this opportunity please accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences caused by the problem with water supply in the city.
We are taking all possible necessary measures to ensure comfortable stay of our guests at the hotel and visiting of the beach and we are making all the efforts to minimize the inconveniences related to difficult situation in the city. Every day special companies bring water to our hotel so that to fill the water tanks.
Kindly be informed that at the moment our guests do not experience any inconveniences with water supply.

Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

The hotel’s company manages an extended beach area where we faced a very uncomfortable and potentially dangerous situation. The hotel manages the renovation and its supplier brings trucks around the busiest times of the day right to the beach. The driver is speeding right on the beach so stones fly around. When asked to stop that the driver is swearing at you.

I asked Vladisav, the operator, on August 4 to take an action and he promised to have a beach manager to contact me - that never happened.

Hence Kempinski doesn’t care of safety of its customers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2020

Dear Mr Ivanko,
I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences on the beach. I am really sorry to hear that you faced such unpleasant situation.
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that there is no any construction works on the beach at the moment. Moreover safety of our guests has always been a top priority for us.
I would highly appreciate if you contact us via email address info.gelendzhik@kempinski.com so that to provide us with more detailed information.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik in the nearest future.

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

Visiting Gelendzhik for the first time since the 90es was an amazing surprize! What a great place and Kempinski is sure one of the best hotels I have ever been to!
Big thanks to all the helpful and competent staff

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
GM_Kempinski, General Manager at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2019

Dear Valeriya_VD, I would like to thank you for choosing Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik during your stay on the Black Sea coast. I appreciate that you took the time to share your recent experience with us.
It is a great pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team made your stay remarkable. It is a great honor to know that you consider our hotel the best place to stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at Kempinski Grand Hotel Gelendzhik in the very near future.