All reviews hotel in st business trip tour group comfortable bed atrium city petersburg champagne kettle
Reviewed 1 October 2017

It was a business trip to St. Petersburg again. This time I decided to stay at Emerald. The hotel has almost been fully booked. So first night I stayed in Superior Room. Quite big room, nice bathroom, all staff inside. Very comfortable. 2nd and 3rd nights I've spent in bigger and nicer room - Junior Suite. Generous space as at room as at bathroom, Jacuzzi included. Tea / sugar / kettle at all rooms. Rooms have been cleaned on daily basis. Breakfast been provided at Versailles Atrium-café. Selection of food was a very big, even surprising. Thanks to Manager Kirill for kind help. So I would advice to anyone to stay at this hotel, especially for business people.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We spent three nights in this hotel as part of an Insight Vacations tour group. This was not originally our scheduled hotel but we were very happy with the change. We had a very large, beautiful room that was exceptionally clean, as was the entire property. We checked In late in the afternoon, so we had a quick light dinner in the beautiful restaurant. The Russian coleslaw and mushroom soup were excellent as was the chicken salad with crabmeat. The bed was very comfortable with a very nice pillow menu. It was very quiet and we slept well. Breakfast was outstanding, perhaps the best we have ever had in a European hotel. There was an excellent selection of juices and fresh fruit and outstanding omelettes. The cherry juice is fantastic! This is definitely an excellent choice for a hotel in St. Petersburg. If we return to St. Petersburg this will definitely be our hotel of choice!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lee D
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Having read some of the reviews on here, I was not expecting much from the Grand Hotel Emerald which was booked on my behalf for a conference and 3-night stay. BUT! The staff were very friendly and helpful. There were bell boys and a concierge (some have said there weren't any) - they were great and did not expect tips. Nothing was too much trouble. The best rooms are on the 7th floor with a balcony, facing the city, in my opinion. It feels a little odd if in a room overlooking the internal restaurant with no view and the feeling you don't have much privacy.So I asked to change rooms: I was moved with no problem, extra charge or objection. Had help with luggage within 5 minutes. The hotel sometimes feels eerily empty as another reviewer reported, but this is quite nice as it is quiet, you can eat in privacy and it is simply because it is a big establishment! Breakfast had a good selection of fresh pastries, coffees, teas and hot buffet dishes too. Eggs, pancakes, sausages. Nothing to complain about AT ALL. Some people have said it is also far from the city centre. I would beg to differ: buses stop right outside and take you to anywhere. You can walk to the top of Nevsky Prospect and the Moscow station within 5 minutes. You can walk down to the Hermitage, St Isaacs etc within 30-40 minutes. It is an affluent and quiet area with lots of great restaurants, supermarkets etc within very easy walking distance. Try Diksy supermarket, almost opposite to the right. Also Kroo Cafe for eating, less than 300m to the left. If you are a smoker, ask for a balcony room. I was not charged extra for this. Russia is now very strict on smoking so if you don't have a balcony you need to go outside (which can be a bit yuck in the winter). The pool and spa are not open to hotel guests all the time, but just ask. The rooms are spacious and very well cleaned, lovely bathrooms, great old fashioned feel, good fast WiFi, minibar, safe, good TV with choice of international channels, slippers, bathrobes, good bathroom supplies, laundry etc. I was very pleased with my stay and it's good value for money too. So don't be put off by some reviews.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank rachp123
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Good location. A shame that the Spa is only open for reservations. All in all a good and quiet hotell. Ok restaurants. Did not try the breakfast. Very helpfull lady as Concierge. She fixes tickets etc

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

The location is next to the railway station and walking distance from the Main Street neversky prospect. The hotel per day is clean with spacious rooms. The hotel staff a little unhelpful though. My bedsheets on one day had a hole.... on complaining they changed it .... but the beauty of it was they charged me for the bedsheet... and on complaining, they negotiated and charged me half... I found it rediculous... the buffet breakfast is nice.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business