All reviewsbus stopmetro stationtaxicityballetmoscow
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed many times at Red Stars hotel and cannot say anything else than positive about this place. So close to Mariinsky and Novaja Gollandia and in the same modern feeling than those two.
None of that old fashioned heavy Russian soviet style rather like a boutique hotel in soho. I want to come back many more times and will come for sure!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Martti, thank you for review. Your feedback is important for us! We are glad to hear that you enjoy your staying at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again! Best regards, Ershova Olga / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Comfortable stylish rooms in quiet location. Staff were always polite with a professional attitude and speak perfect English. I was greeted with a smile on arrival and could help myself to a complimentary berry juice. Throughout my stay I was impressed with the wonderful customer service. I was helped with arranging a sightseeing excursion, and when it came to food the classic Russian dishes from the menu were so delicious I thanked the chef personally.

In the Suite there were two separate air conditioning systems for both bedroom and lounge areas which cooled the rooms instantly, and also whisper quiet in operation.

The room features a luxury Lavazza coffee machine which was a nice feature, and complimentary bottles of top-brand mineral water are also provided. Spotlessly clean and very nice decoration. I slept really well.

Additional features: Fridge and a safe in the room. Ironing room on second floor. Will visit again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Red Stars Hotel for your recent stay in St. Petersburg. Your feedback is important for us! We are glad to hear that you enjoy your staying at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again! Best regards, Ershova Olga / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Enjoyed our stay here. Beds and food were good and staff very helpful and gave out their hotel cards so we could give them out to taxi drivers so we could find our way back after attending the ballet or sightseeing. Unusual decorating theme but place was clean and well kept, quiet and did require us to take taxis to sightseeing locations.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Red Stars Hotel for your recent stay in St. Petersburg. We are glad to hear that you enjoy your staying at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again! With best regards, Ershova Olga / Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I was in St. Petersburg on a concert trip, and this was my second time staying in Red Stars. The location is good if your main interest is the Mariinsky Theatre, otherwise it is a little bit far from the centre. I like the hotel, the rooms are nice and well equipped. The reception is very welcoming, helpful, and polite. My only problem with the hotel itself is that in the wintertime the rooms are too hot. To make my room cool enough to sleep I had to keep the window open before bedtime (in winter!).

What is a bit disappointing is the restaurant. The service in there can be painfully slow, and the menu is not very interesting (and the prices a bit on the high side). You get the picture about the service when I tell that the first night there were two wrong items in my bill, and on another day I found a piece of plastic in my soup but after pointing that out to the waiter I was still charged full price. I wish the customer service in the restaurant would be the same level as at the front desk, then maybe this hotel would deserve five stars.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed my six days stay at Red Stars Hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, the WiFi works all the time and the internet cafe with access to desktops is a nice addition, especially when you travel with only your phone. However, I want the emphasise the level of service which is very high. The front desk was constantly staffed with the kindest, most attentive and welcoming people. Their English was very good and they were always ready to answer questions, look things up, call a cab or print a boarding card.
I even had issues with my room being too hot and they upgraded me to solve the issue. It's probably the best service I've had in a hotel ever, and I've travelled quite a lot.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Amanda N,
Thank you for you comment!
It was so amazing to hear you enjoy living at our hotel! We are always ready to help our guests with any questions!
Looking forward to see you as our guest once again!