All reviews red square metro station great hotel minute walk front desk staff quiet location modern hotel excellent breakfast buffet tretyakov gallery speak excellent hundred meters fluent in english within walking distance by foot rooms are spacious pleasant stay free wifi
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I stayed here for a long weekend in October.

The hotel is in a very convenient location, close to metros and within walking distance of the main sights, red square, kremlin, cathedrals etc.

The security men on the door was a little daunting, although I believe this is the same at most hotels in Russia and the more they saw us the less formal they were with a greeting. Reception staff were a little bit of a missed bag; in the main they were friendly and helpful, though there were a few, and at breakfast that were not so.

The hotel itself was exceptionally clean and the staff were very polite and welcoming.
The rooms were spacious, well lit, warm and very comfortable. I slept like a log most nights (which is rare for me). Unfortunately, my bath/shower was broken and never got fixed even though we reported it to reception, but I used my mums room so although it was inconvenient, it did not bother me too much. The view from the room was a grey building, which was not so great, but we didn't spend much time there so again, it was not a deal breaker.

If I were to be hyper-critical I would moan a little about the food. I am a coeliac and breakfast proved to be a little troublesome for me. I don't eat cooked breakfasts and am not one for cheese and meat at breakfast (I am British!) so I was limited to fruit and yohurt, but the fruit salad, although a semi-good selection of fruits was mainly apple, chopped very, very small and a little Mushy. My mum enjoyed hers though, there was a good selection - true continental - with pastries, breads and freshly booked omelette if you wished. however, the "hot" food was never really hot. Honestly though, my only gripe really would be the coffee machine at breakfast as it didn't give you enough for a "mug" of coffee and also was not particularly hot (although I think it may be a British thing to want this as no one else had any issue with it), however you can get as much as you want to so just keep going back for refills...

In all the hotel is one of the better I have stayed at and I would definitely return here for a decent priced hotel close to the tourist attractions if that is what you are looking for. It is moderately priced compared to others in the area and is pretty central.

Good location, good service, good price - excellent nights' sleep!

Room tip: Ask for an inside room to get a view of the courtyard which is prettier than the so called "city" views, because they are not.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Ok so it takes a little time to get your visa, but I have to say it was worth it.

Travelling by myself to Moscow after 35 years I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The transport from the airport to the Aquamarine was waiting with my name printed neatly on a smart board. The journey in to the center was quite long, but it was a Friday evening.

On arrival at the Aquamarine the reception dealt with me courteously and efficiently and throughout my stay, of 6 nights, they proved to be most helpful. The three receptionist I met spoke 7 languages between them.

My room was comfortable, with good wifi and a well stocked bar. The restaurant was good serving both local and international dishes, breakfast was excellent.

The hotel has a health club, for those who feel they need it.

It is in a great position only 15 minute walk to the Kremlin, for those visiting Mr P.

Moscow had changed a lot in 35 years, and perhaps I have as well, but I found it very friendly with a huge range of restaurants and things to do.

I even found time for a Banya (sauna) in one of Moscow's oldest establishments, giving me a peak into the lives of Moscovites.

This is a great place for city break.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Great hotel took a superior room. Which was excellent and very clean breakfast was a plentiful buffet . Reception staff and waiters were very helpful.

Most particularly their response to a medical emergency while we were there was superb

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

My coworkers and I stayed at the Aquamarine hotel while working in Moscow. It is a very nice hotel with clean, comfortable rooms. The front desk staff were very fluent in English. The breakfast was very good and had a great variety. I used the laundry service during my visit and was pleased with the results and at a fair price. My coworkers and I also enjoyed the bar area with an attentive staff and a good selection of drinks. A great place to stay in Moscow.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast buffet was very good. Laundry service was very efficient. We were part of tour group. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple