All reviews olives restaurant golf course infinity pool poro point pizza la union beach area beach club deluxe room breakfast buffet is basketball court west philippine sea worth the price ocean view company outing san fernando main lobby
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Pros:
1. The view.
For someone who love quiet retreat and scenery this is a must-see place. The sunset is just nothing but awesome, the view of the sea is just plain breathtaking.
2. The staff.
The staff were just amazing. This place accommodates a Bunch of people and it can go from crowded to super crowded, but the staff never lost their courteousness. I love how attentiveness to the guests needs, especially children. I have a 1yo kid with me and they even look after him when I was fixing my accommodation at the front desk.
3. The Food
Breakfast is ok, lots of choices. They have congee and fruits for my baby so I’m ok with that.
4. The bed.
I have lots of not so good things to say about the room itself but I cant pass on saying how I love the comfort of their bed and the cleanliness of their beddings.

The CONS:
1. Limited choices on food. The japanese restaurant cannot handle all the food needs of the guest of the hotel.
2. Crowded everywhere.
The pool, the beach, the resto, everywhere.
3. The room needs a lot of fixing. Plumbing, the dripping water on the side of the cabinet. The age of the hotel is showing i guess.
4. Frontdesk Traffic.

Will we come back again? Umm one time visit is enough already.. but IF we’re already in the area, this will be our number 1 choice tho.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night. The beds were damp, shower floors were slippery, food not good, terrible overall. Will never stay again. If this is the best San Fernando has to offer then this area is in trouble. Standards are well below what you would expect especially for what they charge.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank frogtog2
Reviewed 27 April 2018

There's no doubt that this is a cut above any resort in the area but for the price, despite the discount, I expected better.
The room was big, with 2 queen-sized beds, but the duvet cover on one of the beds had blood stains on it. We only used the other bed! The curtains included black-out lining but did not close properly because the corded overlap mechanism had been installed incorrectly. There was no guide to facilities in the room, so we had to ask at the desk.
The bathroom was big with a corner spa-bath as well as a shower, but the shower was pathetic. The hot water was only lukewarm when it eventually came through and the shower head was broken, spraying most of the water sideways onto the wall. We didn't bother using the bath as there was a notice warning that it would take a long time to fill due to low water pressure, so we reckoned that the lukewarm water would have been cold by the time it filled.
We found one restaurant (Olives) where breakfast was served and (as we later found) a Japanese place but a long way away on the beachfront. Where the others listed on the website were is anybody's guess! Olives was OK but the breakfast was poor. Surely you can provide more fresh fruit than watermelon and pineapple! No egg station, just very wet "scrambled" egg. For non-filipinos, the selection was very poor and my filipino partner was less than impressed with the noodles. Evening meals were OK. The Deli shop had nice pastries and coffee at reasonable prices, and the bar was good, though a bit slow.
We won't be going back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Thunderbird Resort is an awesome place to stay. I feel that I'm in Greece with the design of it. I won't get tired to get back in this place and I will invite my friends and relatives to see and experience how overwhelming the place is.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ThunderbirdPH, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Thank you for staying in Thunderbird Resorts and Casinos- Poro Point, La Union! We are so glad that you enjoyed and had a wonderful experience with us! It is always a pleasure to serve our customers and know they had a great time staying with us!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Great Santorini inspired resort. Rooms are big. Lots of swimming pools around. There was a golf course but I didn’t get a chance to see it. Food was ok, but the Vigan Longganisa is a must-try. Our room had a great view of the sunset.

Trip type: Travelled on business