“A Comfy Rainbow Den”

Ozark Diner + Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #48 of 406 Restaurants in Baguio
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Description: Ozark Diner + Bed and Breakfast is a restaurant driven hotel concept. Our chef/owner serves American Southern Cuisine which is a regional cuisine featuring hearty meals such as buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken, burgers, and pasta variants. We are famous for our Dark Beer Cheesecake and our buttermilk biscuits, big portions and unique flavored meats using Smoking as a technique. Featured dishes are: Hickory Smoked Chicken, Dry-rubbed BBQ, Chicken Fried Steaks and Carolina Seafood Boil. Our Bed and Breakfast has 2 rooms and 6 suites, queen size beds, all with private bathrooms, free wifi, private balconies. Six suites are over 33 square meters with mini kitchens for long stay use. Fully furnished kitchens are available. For long stay accommodations, we also offer laundry services, limited spa services and regular maid service packages. Private security, roof deck bar with fireplace and off street parking also available.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The charm of Ozark is its gracious hosts Albert, Kevin, Dan and their pug Terror. They are very hands-on as owners and take the time to take care of each guest or diner in their BnB. With their southern charm, Ozark is a comfy and safe space to hangout as all bed and breakfasts should be. I was very happy with their generous jambalaya and got some cookies as pasulubong. If you have pets, they have a pet of the month contest where I think you might win a hotel stay there.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

It was our fifth time to dine in Ozark this time and we usually love the food and the service. This time though, the Filipino owner who was there that day was quite rude and standoffish. We were a big group, around 12-13 with 3 kids and had asked if we could eat in their outdoor area with larger tables that were empty (since we were assigned to separate tables inside) and at first the waitress said yes, and then the owner asked what I was asking so I repeated, “Is it okay to eat in the outside area so we can all be seated together?” He curtly answered “No.” even if the area was empty. In addition, as we were ordering, he kept on insisting what he wanted and not what our particular menu orders were as we had children with us. We asked questions about our favorite dishes and rudely replied “we change our menu often.” Not only were we disappointed with the service, from one of the owners no less, but the food was dry and bland. Safe to say we won’t be returning here anytime soon even if we considered this one of our regular stops when in Baguio.

1  Thank LPR111
Albert S, Owner at Ozark Diner + Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Our roof deck is not part of the diner. It is our private space for personal use.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Ozark is one of the few restaurants in Baguio City that offer a Southern American dining experience. Their version of the paella or jambalaya, the perloo, is a house specialty. The andouille sausage is uniquely flavored. The space is quite small and could be crowded at times but it makes for a quiet escape in the mornings and late afternoons.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Meals are mostly American food. The servings were big. Friendly manager and chef/owner. We ordered the meat loaf, chicken and pork chop.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Despite the fact that it was already really full, we were lucky enough to be able to get bookings at the famous Ozark for the long weekend.

The rooms were awesomely clean and well-appointed, closet space was generous, and the bathrooms smelled as if they were not covered up by a spray or scent but were actually hygienic and fresh.

I expected the food to be amazing because I've seen Chefs Kevin and Albert on cooking shows and read rave reviews, but I didn't expect this level of amazing. The biscuits were flaky and buttery, the meats were flavorful but never salty, the thick pancakes and French toast didn't even need syrup, and that's coming from someone who likes to drench lavishly.

The staff are courteous and pleasant but don't get in your face. Little touches made us feel that a lot of thought and effort went into making a guest feel at home - I love the water pitcher in the room with full-size glasses instead of tiny juice glasses. At the diner your change is presented in a zipped-up clean plastic envelope, and the bedside lamp in the room is a touch lamp which is perfect for getting up in the dark and not having to fumble around. So many other things are wonderful, I know I'm just going to add to my list of things I appreciate every time I go back.

I realize that the 4+ hours getting to Baguio is a huge improvement on the 6-8 hours it used to be, but it's still a pretty long way for me. However if I'm going there, knowing that Ozark is waiting for me will make it worth my while!