“Exceptional!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Boquete
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Morton's Bakehouse is an independent artisan bakery located in the western highlands of Boquete, Panama. Our mission is to bring the highest quality breads and bakery products to our customers in a welcoming, inviting and artistic setting, and to transmit an appreciation for and knowledge of the artisan bread tradition to our friends and neighbors in our community. Our artisan bread baking classes are small, hands-on, and fun. They are usually held on Saturday afternoons in the bakery, by reservation only in advance. If you plan to be in Boquete and wish to take a class, please contact me to see if I have a class planned or can hold a private class for you. To read all of our reviews, click on duplicate Trip Advisor listing, "Mortons Bakehouse Artisan Bread Baking Classes." (TA requires us to have 2 listings. Sorry for the confusion)
Reviewed 2 October 2018

It is all about freshness, quality, and service!!! All together in one place!!! It is so easy to just go crazy buying! I loose control!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We came with 4 people and ordered 5 bagel sandwiches in total. The lady took our order, but when a friend asked a question about the ingredients he was just told: “if I don’t start to make your food now, you cannot eat” - instead of an answer. When the bagels came and we asked for extra pepper, she rolled her eyes at us.
The quality of the products is certainly very high and the taste is good- nevertheless the staff could use a lesson in customer service.

BoqueteBread, Owner at Morton's Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hi,
I apologize we will make sure to do a better job thanks for the note.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Be advised that the bakery is now 100 percent kosher and closed on Friday evening and all day Saturday. They are open on Sunday.

1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

If you want to have the best bagels and rye bread in panama go to
Morton’s I generally buy my bread there Nd freeze it so it will last me till my next visit to boquete.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I used to have a bakery. I instantly knew I had found bagels baked in boiling water when I tried a Mort's bagel. I will never go to Boquete again without going to Mort's and picking up bagels for me and my special friends back in Bocas. So happy we found this place.