“Authentically French”
Review of Rive Gauche Bistro

Rive Gauche Bistro
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Athens
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We shared the fried oyster appetizer. The oysters were disappointing: badly shucked, so it was small pieces, not whole oysters; as a result, there was a little too much breading and the oysters were a bit over cooked.

My short ribs Bourguignon were beautifully cooked, and the sauce would have been delicious, except it was way too salty, what a shame! The bread was very good.

My friend’s mussels steamed with fennel were awesome.

Service was excellent, ambience feels like France.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I had a lovely dinner. I had the salmon, done to perfection on a bed of lentils and spinach that was equally perfect! My daughter had the tuna which she found to be delicious! We shared the chocolate mousse a perfect dessert to a wonderful meal. All the staff were attentive and professional. The space itself is quite lovely! Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Irene B
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been twice for dinner and once for brunch. Service is good and the food has been good and a really good value. The menu feels a little bit limited to me, but there are a few dishes I like. I’ll be back often. Oh, Brunch is a fantastic deal.

1  Thank Expatriated-traveler
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

For our first night in the Catskills we ate at Rive Gauche. My companions had a good cassoulet and I had steak au poivre and frites. To begin we had some fried oysters - very nice breading and super crispy. The wine list was fine, and the service was quite good, considering there was only one server for the night and 6-10 tables to take care of. I would definitely return.

1  Thank watsonborn
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Have visited on numerous occasions and have always had an enjoyable experience. The Cocktail are always exceptionally made and the atmosphere is pleasing!

1  Thank rmasse2018