Lagoon Loge(Walvis Bay)
Hotels.com
The Langholm Hotel(Walvis Bay)
Hotels.com
All reviewscentre of towngoing the extra milebuffet breakfastmain buildinglounge areabusiness tripgreat hotelrooms are comfortablea great stayfree wifiafricavariationcoastclosingsupperspeedfurniture
Reviewed 25 June 2017

The hotel is being upgraded and the new look is pleasing. The main building's rooms are comfortable with large en-suite showers. Our room needed toweling hooks in the bathroom and some curtain adjustment. The supper and breakfast buffets had enough variation. Well trained friendly staff who made our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Grant J, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear anetclinical,

GUESTS feedback of the service they receive whilst staying with us, is the only true yardstick we have for measuring whether or not we have met their expectations. ( I just call it our little toolbox) I should, therefore, like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our Hotel, and to assure you that your comments are being used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our service standards and facilities.

We were delighted to receive your commendations about our staff service, food and beverage offerings and your view of our newly renovated rooms. The short comings have been fixed in order to ensure that future Guests do not experience the same.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I have stayed here on a few occasions, hotel rooms neat and clean. It offers basic hotel rooms, and semi self catering rooms, which have a little lounge area, microwave and fridge, also very comfortable and cosy. The food is average, on my visits it has always been a buffet, as it seems to host many conferences, therefore usually always busy. I believe they do have an al a carte menu but haven't had the privilege of trying it. Although buffet always busy the staff are constantly, ensuring the bowls are of full of food at all times. Breakfasts are good. The staff are very friendly, after being there the 1st time they remembered me and made my stay very pleasant. It is situated in the centre of town, so no great views, but very central to walk around town during the day. It has safe enclosed parking, and have always felt very welcomed there..

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
manager0007, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Carryn C,

Thank you so much for your awesome review on the Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Thank you for your words of appreciation. We are delighted to receive your compliments and we will certainly congratulate the STAFF you commended for their exemplary service.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and your interest and loyalty are truly invaluable to us. Please feel free to contact me personally for any assistance you may require from our side in future. We look forward to welcoming you to Protea Hotel Walvis Bay and to hearing from you again!

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I booked this hotel purely knowing it was a Protea hotel. On arrival, I seriously thought I had made a mistake. The outside of the building did not look appealing. But, I then noticed that they were busy with renovations. Our rooms were newly renovated. The standard was high. The rooms were luxurious, clean, spacious and welcoming. Despite the renovations that were happening, we were never disturbed by them. The staff were helpful, breakfast was good.
The only negative remark would be that from time to time one would get a waft of the fishy smell from the harbour, no fault of the hotel at all.

Room Tip: Request the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear waynec476,

Thank you very much for the fantastic feedback! Your comment is one of our favorites. After such a big upgrade, we are extremely glad to hear that the room standard is pleasing to the eye and that it depicts a higher standard. Wait..... we are not completely done yet, there is still some other changes on it's way in the next few months. I shared your feedback with the team and they can’t wait to welcome you back.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Back in Walvis Bay, and as usual, I stayed in this hotel.

This time, I stayed in the main building, instead of the outer rooms. BIG HIT… comparatively.

I must admit that not much has changed since the last time I was here, and maintain most of the points mentioned in my previous report.

However, in the main building, at least (personal opinion) I enjoyed it much more.

I will say that the staff are truly an asset to this place. The bar is a pleasant place to spend time, and the restaurant is still an asset to this place. Good food, at a fair price.

Next stay, I will make sure that I return to the main building rooms.

STILL suggest an upgrade to the hotel… it needs one!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
manager0007, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Travel1Bandit,

It is always good to get feedback from our Guests and really appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We have taken note of the shortcomings as per your previous review and current review. The Hotel is slowly making progress in terms of a renovation plan. Yes, much still to be done but we are happy that you like what we have with the rooms in the main building. We are trying to build Rome slowly :).

Thank you for your continued support and for choosing us again for your recent stay. We hope to see you again at our Hotel in Walvis Bay and I am sure that we will have another + point on your return.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely big rooms and well equiped bathroom, but renovations are being done so there is lots of noise during the day. During dinner they ran out of food which infuriated some of the guests that came in late. Breakfast was good. They do have a laundry service but it is expensive, rather go down the street to the towns laundry.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
manager0007, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Estelle V,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your experience at the hotel.

I am happy to see you had a good room experience. We are busy with a rooms upgrade and humbly apologize for the noise inconvenience during your stay. We are on the final stages of this project and will be all done by the end of May 2017. We have taken the Restaurant issue up with the relevant Team members in order to curb a repeat of a similar incident.

We look forward to seeing you again at Protea Hotel by Marriott Walvis Bay in the near future.