Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
US$242
View deal
Free cancellation until 30/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.comUS$280
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews bed was very comfortable two days perfect place poor service seafood edge lawn ps decoration improvement fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

This is my 2nd time at AVANI Pemba beach
Hotel, I generally do not visit same place 2 times however this is just a perfect place for me
If I need to stop Over before heading to Quirimbas Islands. Great value for money.
I do love those Apartments near by the gorgeous baobab tree. Staff is so genuinely helpful every time and so attentive on anything you might need. I am normally hard to be pleased But I found my room attendant caring about my habits, loved Armando and his smile while delivering my room service with stunning Mozambican king prawns. Thank you all,
I will see you soon on my next trip.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
MmangoMN, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

Dear Chicaloca,

Thank you for choosing Avani Pemba Beach Hotel as your Hotel of choice in Pemba. Your comments will go a long way in encouraging our team to work hard more especially Armando who has played a great role in satisfying your room service requirements. We have passed the comments to the team and Armando.

We really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you are in Pemba again.

With kind regards

Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

Arrived after two days travelling. Very tired and found the check long and tedious. There were three of us and it took nearly 20 minutes.

The rooms are ok but look a little tired. The view is really nice. Bed was very comfortable. The TV had very bad picture quality.

Eating. We are at the bar at night. Sitting outside. In the morning we sat out side the dining hall in the veranda. The food was quite good. However the service was quite slow. They speak Portuguese but struggle with English. Had some difficulty doing something as simple as splitting the bill.

When we asked for the veranda ceiling fans to be switched on it seemed beyond the staffs ability and we tolerated the morning heat patiently.

There is a nice small infinity pool at the edge of the lawn above the beech.

When I tried to take a shower there was no hot water. I waited and wasted so much water but it was tepid. Not so cold it was undoable but not comfortable.

In the morning I explained this but they didn’t seem surprised or much concerned “leave it running for some time”.

Check out was slightly quicker than the check in but we had an agent dealing with our billing etc.

The beach was very nice. You can see crabs and the water looks very clean. You can see small fishing boats about 250m out.

The hotel is reasonably accessible from the parking drop-down point with a good ramp at the front. Not sure about wheelchair accessible rooms.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Lokamitra
963mazwim, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2019

Dear Lokamitra,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continually review our service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconsistent service you received on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that further training is initiated so that such an occurrence is not repeated.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Pemba.

Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

I visited the hotel about 10 years ago. To see the deterioration of this once prestiges place, is heart-breaking.
Some of the outbuilding doors are hanging on on hinge or, missing. The once green lawns are becoming dessert sand. The restaurant is not open for dinner. The little curio shop is closed. The Niassa Bar has almost nothing as advertised on the menu. Zero red wine. The staff is friendly but can barely speak English. They advertise that you can have a meal in your room but, there is no menu. The safe in my room cannot open. When assistance arrived (2 hours later) I was told that those safe’s are outdated and will be replaced. ‘ You will have to live with it...’
Shocking state of affairs.
I give it another 5 years..

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
963mazwim, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2019

Dear JH M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectation.

We have definite procedures and processes in place to keep the property and service to the standard that we wish to offer to our guests. It is clear that in this case the product is not what you had expected. We will continue to work on improving the product so that guests can all have an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Pemba

Reviewed 24 August 2019

Set in a stunning location on Pemba Beach, perfect if you need an overnight on the way to the islands. Bigger than the kind of hotel I would normally stay in but the rooms are luxurious and comfortable with Air Con, the wifi is fast, the food is good and the staff friendly. The Spa is excellent… I had 2 massages they were soo good;-). A nice stopover on route to the islands.

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear Malawi,

We thank you for staying at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel and for sending your comments about your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2019

Good for staying, but not very good for eating.
AVANI needs to change the Menu or at least upgrade it, For the last 3 years I've been staying there on my business trips and always eating the same things.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear Elton,

Thank you for staying at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel and for taking the time to write about your stay. We are continuously looking at the menu options and upgrades.
We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.