Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Booking.comUS$242
ZenHotels.comUS$281
Agoda.comUS$242
Snaptravel
All reviews bed was very comfortable two days perfect place poor service seafood edge lawn ps decoration improvement fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

I visited the hotel about 10 years ago. To see the deterioration of this once prestiges place, is heart-breaking.
Some of the outbuilding doors are hanging on on hinge or, missing. The once green lawns are becoming dessert sand. The restaurant is not open for dinner. The little curio shop is closed. The Niassa Bar has almost nothing as advertised on the menu. Zero red wine. The staff is friendly but can barely speak English. They advertise that you can have a meal in your room but, there is no menu. The safe in my room cannot open. When assistance arrived (2 hours later) I was told that those safe’s are outdated and will be replaced. ‘ You will have to live with it...’
Shocking state of affairs.
I give it another 5 years..

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
963mazwim, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2019

Dear JH M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectation.

We have definite procedures and processes in place to keep the property and service to the standard that we wish to offer to our guests. It is clear that in this case the product is not what you had expected. We will continue to work on improving the product so that guests can all have an enjoyable stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continually review our service and facilities.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Pemba

Reviewed 24 August 2019

Set in a stunning location on Pemba Beach, perfect if you need an overnight on the way to the islands. Bigger than the kind of hotel I would normally stay in but the rooms are luxurious and comfortable with Air Con, the wifi is fast, the food is good and the staff friendly. The Spa is excellent… I had 2 massages they were soo good;-). A nice stopover on route to the islands.

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear Malawi,

We thank you for staying at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel and for sending your comments about your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2019

Good for staying, but not very good for eating.
AVANI needs to change the Menu or at least upgrade it, For the last 3 years I've been staying there on my business trips and always eating the same things.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear Elton,

Thank you for staying at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel and for taking the time to write about your stay. We are continuously looking at the menu options and upgrades.
We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

This is a great place to relax in Pemba. Staff are friendly, the restaurant has many meals to choose from and has a number of swimming pools. Perhaps the best parts are the great views of the ocean, with little or no traffic, and the infinity pool next to it.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Dawit K,

Thank you for choosing Avani Pemba Beach Hotel as your hotel of choice in Pemba. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

The absolute worst service.

We booked a month in advance for about 15 people. Upon arrival they didn't have enough rooms so clearly they hadn't set those aside and double booked them. It took them hours to sort it out and when they did they didn't have enough individual rooms and forced some of our staff to share or gave them rooms with two single beds and in mine it took them more than 24 hours to chang3 the set up to put the beds together.

Staff generally slow in comprehension and slow to act, plain useless half the time.

Our meals were never on time though they had a schedule well in advance.

It was overall a nightmarish trip and I am glad it was company money because on my dime I'd be demanding a refund.

Also the place is generally poorly illuminated, quite scary in the evenings and some of the spaces that are pathways to different parts of the hotel are pitch black with zero lighting. Wifi hardly works and the heating on water is dodgy, didn't work some days. Longest week of my life.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
963mazwim, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2019

Dear Cleide,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and also for meeting with me today following your recent stay at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel. I would like to personally apologize again for the service that was offered to you at check in and during your stay.

We have definite procedures and processes in place and it is clear that in this case the processes and procedures were not followed.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconsistent service you received on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that further training is initiated so that such an occurrence is not repeated.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Pemba.

With best regards,