Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
US$280
View deal
FindHotel
Agoda.com
All reviews bed was very comfortable two days perfect place poor service seafood edge lawn ps decoration improvement fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2019

This is a great place to relax in Pemba. Staff are friendly, the restaurant has many meals to choose from and has a number of swimming pools. Perhaps the best parts are the great views of the ocean, with little or no traffic, and the infinity pool next to it.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
963mazwim, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2019

Dear Dawit K,

Thank you for choosing Avani Pemba Beach Hotel as your hotel of choice in Pemba. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

The absolute worst service.

We booked a month in advance for about 15 people. Upon arrival they didn't have enough rooms so clearly they hadn't set those aside and double booked them. It took them hours to sort it out and when they did they didn't have enough individual rooms and forced some of our staff to share or gave them rooms with two single beds and in mine it took them more than 24 hours to chang3 the set up to put the beds together.

Staff generally slow in comprehension and slow to act, plain useless half the time.

Our meals were never on time though they had a schedule well in advance.

It was overall a nightmarish trip and I am glad it was company money because on my dime I'd be demanding a refund.

Also the place is generally poorly illuminated, quite scary in the evenings and some of the spaces that are pathways to different parts of the hotel are pitch black with zero lighting. Wifi hardly works and the heating on water is dodgy, didn't work some days. Longest week of my life.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
963mazwim, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2019

Dear Cleide,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and also for meeting with me today following your recent stay at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel. I would like to personally apologize again for the service that was offered to you at check in and during your stay.

We have definite procedures and processes in place and it is clear that in this case the processes and procedures were not followed.

We appreciate your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continually review our service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconsistent service you received on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that further training is initiated so that such an occurrence is not repeated.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Pemba.

With best regards,

Mazwi M.

Reviewed 15 February 2019

Rooms are bigger than others hotel and clean. its lovely hotel.
on same road you have all others restaurants where you can enjoy something different (Nauticulos, Dholphins, Kirimizi and others).
staff are very helpful.

Room tip: sea view room.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mazwi M, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2019

Hi Milank,

Thank you staying at Avani Pemba Beach and for taking the time to send the review. We happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 February 2019

We stayed at the resort from 28 Dec 2018 to 2 Jan 2019. Our room was a 2 bedroom apartment. The unit was very modern, well furnished and well maintained. It was great to come back to our room in the late afternoons and just relax.

There are 4 pools at the resort. The Infinity pool looks great from a distance, but it does need a bit of maintenance and perhaps a resurfacing. The grass on the infinity side also needs to be trimmed. The other 3 pools are in relatively good shape.

The food at Club Naval was very good. There is a comprehensive menu that offers a variety of different type of foods, and they are well prepared. Breakfast in my opinion was not really up to scratch and I have experience much better at other hotels. The quality of service at breakfast could also do with some improvement and friendliness.

The general areas outside the rooms could do with laying off grass. Most of it is sandy, and gives the external a lower standard of look. The gardens do not compliment the type of rooms.

Wifi coverage at the resort was very poor, and I had to buy a local sim card for data. In the modern age, this is one thing that would make guests unhappy.

In terms of activities for kids, there is nothing other than the swimming pools. For adults, there is a gym and a spa which are modern and well equipped.

Overall it was a good, restful stay, however I feel that for the price I paid, I expected a better experience.

Room tip: Apartments are great but they do not have sea views. Only hotel rooms
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Deeptesh N

Dear Deeptesh,

Thank you for choosing Avani Pemba Beach as your Hotel of choice in Pemba and for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay.
We value your comments as they will help us to improve our product and service offering. Let me assure you that we will work on the points raised.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 February 2019

The hotel is very clean and the staff helpful. All of the spaces reminds of the Arabic influence. The spa is top of range, I had an exfoliation and the lady work was amazing. Now I understand why the hotel is of the best hotels in Mozambique.

Date of stay: February 2019