Hotels.com
Expedia
Snaptravel
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
All reviews bed was very comfortable two days perfect place poor service seafood edge lawn ps decoration improvement fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2019

Rooms are bigger than others hotel and clean. its lovely hotel.
on same road you have all others restaurants where you can enjoy something different (Nauticulos, Dholphins, Kirimizi and others).
staff are very helpful.

Room tip: sea view room.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mazwi M, General Manager at Avani Pemba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2019

Hi Milank,

Thank you staying at Avani Pemba Beach and for taking the time to send the review. We happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2019

We stayed at the resort from 28 Dec 2018 to 2 Jan 2019. Our room was a 2 bedroom apartment. The unit was very modern, well furnished and well maintained. It was great to come back to our room in the late afternoons and just relax.

There are 4 pools at the resort. The Infinity pool looks great from a distance, but it does need a bit of maintenance and perhaps a resurfacing. The grass on the infinity side also needs to be trimmed. The other 3 pools are in relatively good shape.

The food at Club Naval was very good. There is a comprehensive menu that offers a variety of different type of foods, and they are well prepared. Breakfast in my opinion was not really up to scratch and I have experience much better at other hotels. The quality of service at breakfast could also do with some improvement and friendliness.

The general areas outside the rooms could do with laying off grass. Most of it is sandy, and gives the external a lower standard of look. The gardens do not compliment the type of rooms.

Wifi coverage at the resort was very poor, and I had to buy a local sim card for data. In the modern age, this is one thing that would make guests unhappy.

In terms of activities for kids, there is nothing other than the swimming pools. For adults, there is a gym and a spa which are modern and well equipped.

Overall it was a good, restful stay, however I feel that for the price I paid, I expected a better experience.

Room tip: Apartments are great but they do not have sea views. Only hotel rooms
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Deeptesh N

Dear Deeptesh,

Thank you for choosing Avani Pemba Beach as your Hotel of choice in Pemba and for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay.
We value your comments as they will help us to improve our product and service offering. Let me assure you that we will work on the points raised.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2019

The hotel is very clean and the staff helpful. All of the spaces reminds of the Arabic influence. The spa is top of range, I had an exfoliation and the lady work was amazing. Now I understand why the hotel is of the best hotels in Mozambique.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 17 January 2019

It was good and I recommend the hotel. It is pleasant, good food, good view and good roomsI just dislike the excess of bugs outside because I am scared of them. I have been there 3 times and will definitely go back

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

This is one of the reviews I was looking forward to write. I’ve been traveling in business for the last 5 months across the country and I’ve been in the all major hotels of Mozambique. Cabo Delgado was our last stop. We stayed at Avani for 4 days and I really have to say it was better than I was expected. Starting from the staff very humble people always helpful with a smile in face, one of the things I think makes a difference in any Hotel it’s the Breakfast, the Avani breakfast it’s amazing, diversified with so many opinions specially if you going to stay long hours without eating. The food is something that really impressed me, above all the hotels I’ve been this kitchen is the best, our first night dinner at the Clube Naval we had to request the presence of the Chef the congratulate him it was just perfect.

Am not going to mention the view, pool and Stuff they speak for it self it’s mind blowing.

Two things I think the hotel should look into is the gardens it really needs the management attention, a lot of sand and no garden at all, but it is quite fair as I spoke with one of the staff members these might be because of the scarcity of water in the region perfectly understandable. The other thing is the Wi-Fi the signal is not bad in the rooms you can work without difficulties but because there’s a lot of trees in between that interfere with the signal I think it’s something it should be look into.

Some minor details, but overall Avani Pemba Beach it’s a MUST place to stay for, vacations or any business trip, I strongly recommend it.

Julio Nhancume an happy guest.

Date of stay: November 2018