Me and husband expected a lot more from a 3 star hotel. Rooms are neat but old-fashioned. They do not provide drinking water in rooms. Ours was lower level room awy from the sea, hence didn't have a good view from our room. They do not change towels on daily basis. You will have to pay in case you need a fresh towel. However they do provide towel for water activities (which is not complimentary).
Being vegetarians, we had very few options. The waiters are very lazy and passive in attending you. My husband ordered tea thrice and it was never served. During our stay, everyday they had a different continent cuisine for dinner. But food does not taste great though. However they did show a nice gesture by preparing dal(lentils) and baingan bhartha(brinjal curry) specially for us(vegetarians) voluntarily.
Location of this resort is great and has a nice sea view. Located on west coast, you should be lucky enough to view sunset from here. A nice, calm, serene place. IT has lots of scope of improvement on hospitality and amenities. I wouldn't certainly recommend this resort as the first option to be picked. But definitely not a bad place to stay if you are just looking for stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Beach Resort, in Mauritius, is located in the Western coastal village of Flic en Flac along a beautiful white sandy beach.The Hotel’s concept is to offer to guests the best holidays in a relaxing & enchanting environment with a selection of water sports activities and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, WingontravelTA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Gold Beach Resort Mauritius
- Hotel Gold Beach