Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
Aanari Hotel & Spa(Flic En Flac)
US$134
US$274
US$266
Hotels.com
Sugar Beach Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
US$270
  • Breakfast included
US$113
  • Pool
US$172
US$160
Expedia
Villas Caroline(Flic En Flac)
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Anelia Resort & Spa(Flic En Flac)
US$312
US$151
Expedia
La Pirogue Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
US$298
US$273
永安旅遊
  • Pool
VillaSun(Flic En Flac)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoast to coastprivate pooloutdoor showerin villa diningindian restaurantour honeymoonpresidential villachef ravioutdoor living arealuxury suiteday bedhalf boardmain restaurantleading hotels of the worldwalk in wardrobeevery afternoonmain pool
Reviewed 1 February 2016

From the moment we arrived we were treated superbly. Our Villa was very spacious
and super clean. Overlooking the sea The Maradiva is the perfect place to unwind
and forget the world. A special mention to Vinnay and the restaurants as the food was simply fantastic and the restaurant was nicely full every night. The breakfast selection was huge and although the resort was extremely peaceful and tranquil it had a very friendly atmosphere throughout. We choose The Maravida for a 50th birthday and it was good to see there was a real mixture of ages with the guests. If you are looking for somewhere really special to stay this place is faultless and it really shows off The boutique resort at its best . Thank you to all the staff who make a huge effort.

Room Tip: All the Villas are great , 417 was superb
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary O
MaradivaVillasResort, Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Dear Gary O,

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am glad to note that our cuisine delighted your palate and the delectable selection at breakfast impressed you greatly.

Your kind compliments will be shared with the team as it will be a great motivation for them to continuously strive for service excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another celebration.
Warmest regards,

Kamal Nundloll
Resort Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2016

The layout of this hotel alone is worth a mention given it is a large landscaped site with 65 villas, each with substantial terrace and own pool, thus a lot of privacy and feeling of spaciousness. Even on the beach the loungers are far apart. However, when combined with the level of service and the commitment of the staff to making your stay the best it can possibly be, it is outstanding.
We were particularly struck by the attentiveness of the staff, they were all incredibly friendly and helpful, and we loved the butler service (we really didn't utilise it to the full, though having them unpack for us was very nice!). Food at the restaurants was excellent, we also made use of in villa dining, and had a barbecue on the beach just the two of us one evening which was very romantic. The place never seems crowded.
We loved it and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the beachfront to benefit from both your terrace/pool and able to see the sea.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaOenophile

Dear LaOenophile,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the positive insights on your stay. It is a delight to note that your experience was further enhanced by the service and hospitality of our team.

I am glad that you enjoyed a delectable culinary experience from the wide array of restaurants and cuisines

From your kind review, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kamal Nundloll
Resort Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2016

As both of us lead very busy lives living in a big city, we had dreamt for many years of at last taking some time out for ourselves and travel for once to an exotic island in the Indian Ocean. After looking through many brochures, we finally decided not to opt for a big international change, but rather for a very private experience. That is how we came across Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa. To be honest, we felt so happy & cozy in our Villa, that we chose not to leave the Resort, except for one time, when we needed to have dinner at the nearby village of Flic en Flac, which was a nice change. My husband who always wanted to try some water sports went waterskiing and sailing which he thoroughly enjoyed! The staff on the beach were wonderful and the whole resort is so peaceful, that we were finally able to relax at last. The Food & Beverage Manager, Swaraj, took specially good care of us constantly coming up with new ideas for romantic dinners in different places. Chef Kelly, in the tepanyaki restaurant does wonders and her food is out of this world. A great vacation leaving us wonderful memories!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nazmsood
Reviewed 19 January 2016

After much research, we had chosen to return to Mauritius to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary and my birthday.

We had visited the island twice before, both times staying at The Oberoi.
This time we wanted a more spacious villa ; with a bit more privacy ; and its own pool.

Maradiva ticked all these boxes, and at a much more competitive price than The Oberoi.

So we booked to stay there from Christmas Day until 5th January.

The resort is 50 minutes from the airport (Mauritius Taxis – 39 Euros), and we were warmly welcomed with cold towels and colder drinks when we arrived.
We were taken to Villa 309 in a golf buggy. The villa was one of the furthest from the beach but therefore one of the most private.

They are huge. There is a large outdoor living space with a day-bed ; tables and chairs ; a sideboard with a mini-bar ; and a fabulous plunge pool.
Inside there is a huge comfortable bed ; a walk-in wardrobe ; a vast bathroom ; and indoor and outdoor showers.
There are slight signs of wear but nothing to concern.

The Wi-Fi was fine, allowing 'phone and I-Pad usage.

The resort grounds are beautiful…immaculately kept and very pretty with an array of flowers and colours. They were exquisitely lit in the evenings.

The pool is lovely. It was always quiet and big enough for a proper swim, or just to stand at the infinity edge and stare at the Indian Ocean.

We thoroughly enjoyed the food.
The main restaurant has a standard menu and is enhanced daily by additional options such as "Mauritian", "Asian" or "Italian".

Cilantro offered Indian cuisine and was excellent but quite expensive...London prices.

The Japanese teppanyaki restaurant was fun…a bit of food theatre. It only has 12 covers and you need to book.
We had the excellent set meal for 3450 MR (about £67). The lobster was divine.

Wine is expensive, but we knew that, as pretty much everything is imported.
We were however surprised that the expensive red was served chilled ice cold and then allowed to get warm for ten minutes. Whilst you can understand the climate issues, I would have expected a hotel of this standard to have proper dual controlled fridges for both red and white wines.
The French guests, of which there were many, were suitably unimpressed.

The service, albeit occasionally mildly chaotic, was very attentive and smiley. Nothing was too much trouble.

A few examples…

Oddly, there were no sun loungers in the villa, and when I requested two, they appeared under cover of the night.

I had unfortunately left some medication at home. They arranged for a doctor to visit me in our villa late at night, check me over, and obtain the required drugs the next day.
Over the next few days, the in-house doctor made it his business to enquire after my health.

Kenny on front desk was particularly impressive. He noted birthday and wedding anniversary, made the staff all aware and offered a cake. We declined so they gave us a couple of glasses of bubbly instead, which was a nice touch.

And the lovely Priscilla, in the bar...a fantastic personality.

The charming and ubiquitous Paul van Frank, the General Manager keeps the place running smoothly.

My criticisms are very minor, and pretty subjective.

The Christmas music on Boxing Day..."Feed the World" as I am getting my second helping of breakfast at an expensive hotel, does not work on any level.
Then Noddy Holder's Wolverhampton tones made things no better.
We left before The Pogues came on.

Then there was the guitar trio playing, amongst other things, "Wimoweh" going from table to table in the main restaurant in the evening. They did not receive one ripple of applause. Excruciating.
Just some subtle background music (as we enjoyed most evenings) is fine.

The "Bed and Breakfast" tariff only including continental breakfast is a bit naughty. Not that we fancied a full English, but we didn't really expect to pay extra for an omelette, or a couple of pots of yoghurt.

The fridges in the villas are pretty ineffective and need updating…I couldn’t keep my duty-free vodka cold !

The Bose sound system is not up-to-date so it had no I-pod connectivity.

Not being able to borrow a snorkel. You had to go out on an organised (free) boat trip. I only wanted a little mooch around in the shallows. That was disappointing.

In conclusion, I can say that we loved the place and would definitely return.

And, because the Mauritians love their English football, I got to see all three of Chelsea’s games live. And they remained unbeaten. Which was nice.

Room Tip: If you want privacy, try and get a villa furthest away from the beach as no-one can walk by.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JD-ASCOT
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Have been here for 10 days. The ex Taj Hotel reflects the style of this Hotel chain. The location is really beautiful and if tou look for privacy this is the place to be. private villa with own pool and amazing sandy beach. No other hotel in this area is so quite. The pool is never crowded as well as the beach. Looking from the see the hotel disappear in the gorgeus vegetation. Really unique.
Could be a top destination but there are some things to improve. Service is ok but needs to be costant every day and this is not. One day all seats on the beach are perfectly appointed with tubs, the day later you have to look for it. one day the food is top class, the day later the same food is average, etc. I do not give the best rate because we talk about a 5 star hotel and an LHW member. Close but not yet at the top.

Room Tip: Rooms are under renovarion. The 306 is actually the best one between the luxury villa. Villas on the beach are great
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank pantomo
MaradivaVillasResort, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear pantomo,

In a first instance, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your kind & most valued feedback pertaining to your recent stay at “Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa”.

It was highly encouraging to learn that on the whole, the facilities & services at our hotel met with your expectations, particularly, as it has been our earnest endeavour to achieve optimal guest satisfaction through personalized care and attention to detail.
On a different note, I am very sorry to learn that you did not find consistency in the level of service provided by our Food & Beverage team during your stay with us.

Likewise, I am very sorry, if you did not always find the quality of the culinary experience to be entirely to your expectations. In light thereof, I wish to offer you my apologies for any disappointment endured. Having said this, in the meantime, please be assured, that I promptly shared your sentiments with our Director of Food & Beverage, so as to enable him to immediately take the necessary steps, so as to redress this situation in order to avoid any recurrence of a similar nature.

In addition to the above, I have equally, communicated your comments with our HR Manager, in order to review our existing “Food & Beverage Training Program” and institute a more in-depth implementation thereof.

In the meantime, I wish to express to you my utmost gratitude for having taken both the time & the trouble of sharing your observations with us, which can only serve us better in our continuous efforts to overcome any shortcomings in service and deliver the finest level of service pledged by us.

Remaining always at your service.

Best personal regards,