“Unforgettable”

Ticabo Diving Centre
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Flic En Flac
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ticabo Diving Center is a PADI & CMAS dive center that has been established since 2007 on the WEST COAST / flic en flac - Mauritius. Our Instructors speak English, French and Creol. While diving with us in Mauritius, you will note that we like to keep it simple, small and friendly, and are devoted to a really loving caring and individual service rather than factory like bubble makers. Our attention focused on quality service, safety and professionalism, finds its strength in the love for the ocean, the passion to share it with you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 November 2016

I had read a laudable review on ticabo in a guide on Mauritius, and my expectations were high. From the moment I stumbled upon the center during a bike ride in flic en flac until I completed my advanced certification with them, my high expectations were exceeded in every respect.

There are really five reasons that make this centre your prime diving center in Mauritius.

First, the easy access to the boat, a mere fifty metres away from the center. No hassle in carrying stuff around or driving to a harbour.

Second, the diving sites are just a short boat ride away (usually around 10 minutes at moderate speed), and offer a great variety of diving experience. My personal favorites: serpent, sweet lips, and any wreck. Depth ranges from 15 to 35 m, and visibility was generally good when I was around.

Third, the shop is well run and the equipment well maintained, which is critical to a safe diving experience.

Fourth, safety comes first at ticabo. Whilst you have usually three diving expeditions in a day, and possibly a night dive depending on conditions, the center will not shy away from cancelling a trip if weather conditions present a safety risk.

Finally, the team is professional, welcoming, and considerate, combining both the seriousness in the prepatation and coaching that diving commands with a good sense of humour and easygoing attitude that makes you feel like a valued customer.

Overall, you're signing up for an unforgettable experience. Many thanks to Patrick, Nazia, Bill, Jason, Vipin and Francois for the good times. Jfp

1  Thank LightPacker54235
"boat captain"
"great adventure"
"professional team"

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We had a great stay at Ticabo and her excellent and lovely dive team!! We did our advanced dive course under supervision of Patrick 'ballentines-sunglasses' and had a real good time!! Made some beautiful dives and especially recommend the nightdive and beautiful coral/fish at snake reef. If you like caves or wrecks; it's all there in Flic en Flac. With nice coffee, laughters and rum after the night dive. Really loved it!!

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

We've been diving with Ticabo this week and have found it very pleasant. The shop is nice, spacious and equipped with an outdoor seating area. Prior, post and during dives you can enjoy free tea, water and coffee.
The Ticabo team really makes this shop pleasant, starting at the desk and later with their French and English speaking dive masters and instructors.
We competed our PADI Advanced OWD with Ticabo and it was great.
The dive sites are absolutely beautiful and somehow, Ticabo managed to pick the right spots at the right time, because it was never busy with other diving schools.
We'll certainly come back later during out vacation to join them for some more dives.
Special thanks to Nazia, Patrick, Billy and Jason, you guys made our (diving) days.

1  Thank JaapZwalla
Reviewed 24 October 2016

My gf and I went to Ticabo 2 weeks ago to get my PADI Open water course. Since the beginning we found very friendly staff, willing to help and make the dive the most enjoyable.
I did the open water course with Rodney, and I had the luxury or doing one to one which was great and gave me lots of confidence. He was very patient and layback; putting attention in making the diving a zero stress and funny experience.
Once the course was done we kept coming to the center for more dives, up to 8 in total.
Though people with different levels were on the boat Ticabo dive masters always accommodated to everybody's needs and levels, splitting us in different groups and taking us at different paces.
We felt comfortable like at home. We will be back!

Date of experience: October 2016
TicaboC, Front Office Manager at Ticabo Diving Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Hello Angel and Bibi,

Thank you very much for rating us, it was indeed our pleasure to make your diving experiences memorable, glad it was successful... Fun times!

hope to see you in the future among us for new adventures

best regards,