All reviews safe deposit box bus stop egg station room service seafood walking distance the hotel is clean f b gaya street water front basic amenities breakfast spread two nights location is great comfortable stay budget hotel hot water
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Clean spacious room with a great shower. Views over forest. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Hotel is in a great location, short walk to signal hill and harbour etc, plus multiple cheap restaurants and coffee shops. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Krishnan M, General Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Dear Ms Caroline,

Greetings from Hotel Shangri-la Kota Kinabalu!

Many thanks for staying with us recently and we are pleased to know you had a good time here in KK and our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and it motivates us to be consistent and improve further.

Thank you once again and do contact me if I could be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I was With my sister their for 2 night Every thing was good room nice need & clean we were actually room 610 Pretty good room with everything like hot water for shower , wifi The staff were really good at the. Front desk They are kind & polite Brake fast was also good But one thing Which i don't really like Is the boy. Who make egg He is really bad guy i went 2 times to get my omelet he didn't respond me at the first he was busy i don't mine Second time his attitude was not friendly & fair So other wise was nice stay with Shangri-la kota kinabalu

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sushanka
Krishnan M, General Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Ms Sushanka,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time out give us your feedback.
We are delighted to know you had a good time here and nearly all things was well in the hotel.
As for your observation at the live kitchen, I assure you our Exec Chef will be do the necessary action and training to improve the service and PR in the area concern.

Once again, thank you for your valuable time.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

The room n service is good. The food taste ok. the location a bit further from attraction area of the town, but it reachable by foot if u ok to walk 15 mins or more. Otherwise, u can drive or took a cab.
Nearby. ..around 100 meters, there's 24 hrs shops, kfc and bus stop.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cn_ain
Krishnan M, General Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2016

Dear Cn_Ain,

Good day to you!

Thank you for staying with us recently and hope your enjoyed Kota Kinabalu.

I have taken note of your feedback and appreciate your wonderful comment. Feedback such as your do motivate us to do better all the time.

Thank you once again and do contact me in the future for any assistance.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I stayed one night. It is acceptable aith reasonable price but from the time I booked the room until check out the staffs have been confused, if I paid or no. Their system of checking of payment has major issue.

Room tip: Make sure about your payments. It is really confusing.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Amir J

Dear Mr Amir,

Greetings to you from Hotel Shangri La KK!

Thank you for staying with us and hope you had a good stay overall.

I have taken note of your constructive feedback and will definitely share this with my manager and team for our improvement.

Do contact me if I could be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Me and my family stayed in Shangrila KK for 5days 4nights. We booked a pacakge and this hotel through a travel agent (Borneo Travels). At the begining when we saw the hotel from the outside it was not very appealing but once we arrive at the doorstep were greeted and welcomed very nicely. The GM Mr.Krishnan was very welcoming. Our room were ready within 10 minutes. The rooms were all clean and well maintained. Very satisfying!! The breakfast was great. There were variety of food. The room service was at reasonable price. The only downfall was the room service was a little slow. The hotel was in the heart of the city. All the seafood restaurant n malls were on walking distance. On our last day my dad lost his sabah permit n the GM Mr. Krishnan was very helpful in to solve the problem. Overall our stay in Shangrila was realy pleasant n we have no regrets of this place. We would definately book this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vitheyaa S
Krishnan M, General Manager at Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Dear Ms Vitheyaa,

Greetings from Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and we are pleased to know you had a good time in KK.

It was a pleasure to have met your family and especially your dad, Dato Sasi as it was always a great interactive experience to have conversation with him.

Thank you as well for your excellent feedback on the overall hotel and services. Please be assured your good observation will be shared with my team to motivated them for further improvement.

Thanks and do contact me if I could be of any further assistance to you.