All reviews gaya street airport bus padang merdeka egg station call to prayer walking distance to waterfront signal hill observatory craft market sunday market breakfast was included would stay here again nice hotel minute walk pandan located close packed breakfast central location
Reviewed 10 July 2016

My husband and I had an excellent stay in Dreamtel. I especially commend the staff at front desk. They are extremely friendly and helpful. They have certainly made a difference. I have no doubt recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room tip: Room on higher levels
Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Good hotel, at a reasonable price, with basic facilities, in a good location. Had a room on the fifth floor overlooking the stadium. Nice and quiet, except for nabours that closed their room door by slamming them. Very good customer service provided by reception staff. Room size OK, bed comfortable, air con not noisy and efficient. Bathroom has limited storage space on hand basin bench top,additionally no provision to hang cloths while showering etc. Breakfast was basic, but OK. Wi Fi, slow at times, but OK for travellers needs. Would recommend to travellers not wanting a five star hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The place is fine for the price, to be expected based on reviews. I paid in cash on check out but they wanted my card when we checked in to take a "preauthorisation" even though I offered to pay right there and then. It's now 2 weeks later and I still have the cost of our stay missing from my bank balance. They clearly have not removed the hold despite me asking several times. I'm travelling so having $100 missing front my account for so long is annoying to say the least. If you go there don't give them your card for preauthorisation, just demand to pay on check in by card or cash. I won't go back and they don't seem to care I'm missing money for so long

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryank222
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Overall the hotel is ok, but has major areas of improvement: cleanliness and wifi.

The WiFi is a joke, better not having anything in place. Also while is not the fault of the hotel, the entire area is full of rats, so you can be sitting having your meal outside the canteen while rats passing by freely in the street.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Rafa_Dubai
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Recommended for budget travelers only. Dreamtel is located in Kota Kinabalu's downtown (close to Gaya Street or KK's Chinatown). This area has many restaurants, coffee shops, and other venues for first-time visitors (including Suria's KK Mall). Conveniently located for tour pick-up to the Malay Borneo and all islands around KK. Breakfast and service are very standard, but with good value for its price. Not a very clean place and poorly maintained, but usually crowded due its low price. We hope that Hotel Administration can improve that in near future.

Room tip: Conveniently located for Tour Pick-up
Date of stay: November 2015