1,588 results
All reviews noble house penyu restaurant kingfisher restaurant sunset bar borneo wing batik painting monitor lizards ocean panorama olives restaurant shuttle bus private beach chinese restaurant garden view relaxing holiday kids club seafood the club lounge
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my friends having dinner at sunset bar nexus yesterday and yes absolutely the food recommended by chef kiong was awsome! He's the one chef we recommend for u guys when u come to sunset bar nexus.the treat for me and my friends was very excellent! The service and food by chef kiong and the staff was very excellent! 100 star for the chef.thanks for the very nice food and service.me and my friends enjoying the food so much.we will come back soon.i love nexus and i love sunset bar!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
NRSK2016, Public Relations Manager at Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Guest,
It is pleasure to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thank you for praising our service. We do take pride in catering to our guests needs the best way we can. Do checkout our Social Media pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,
The Management

Reviewed 7 September 2017

LOCATION:
about 45 minutes away from the city centre. Road sign need to be fixed as it's covered by bushes now. The road also need to be maintain since many potholes.

CHECK IN:
Good and fast. Receptionist was friendly.

ROOM:
Not the bed that I requested. I asked for a Double Bed and the resort gave me 2 twin bed push in together with 2 separate linen and bed sheet. At least change the sheet to be one King Size sheet and not 2 twin bed sheets.
Bathroom was the horror of my life when i saw a USED SOAP on the shower railing (attached is the picture); and the soap rack was missing, I have to put my shampoo on the floor when showering. The worst was when I saw long black hair floating around in the shower and my head is bald shaven.

WIFI:
Basically non-existence. It's better to tell the guests there's no wifi available than having a wifi that's not usable. Told the front desk about it but was informed that the wifi have always been like that. There's also no mobile service available there.

BREAKFAST:
Too long of a line and nobody at the door, seem like the hotel is short of staff. Food was mediocre with very limited choice. Glasses for the juice was not available and when asked, it was put behind the counter . WHY? Signage of the food is wrong and not as written. This would be a problem if you're allergic to certain types of food.

CHECK-OUT:
The surprise of my life. There was a charge of almost half of the price of my room for tower of beer that I didn't even ordered for the hotel bar. Didn't noticed this until I went home.

I have send an email to the hotel to justified and took them 1 week to respond after sending a second email. They just said that they didn't know what happened and do not know who forged my signature and charge the bill to my room. How can this even happen? Compensation would be a lunch of the same amount when I come back and stay with them.

ALL AND ALL, ONE OF THE WORST 5 STAR RESORT I'VE EVER STAYED. I HOPE THEY WILL IMPROVE.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank DanDarby
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed at the private villa, which is not at the main hotel area. It was about a mile or two and accessible by shuttle. I would have preferred to stay at the main hotel since it is more centralized. When we checked into the villa, we couldn't open the main glass door leading to the patio and outside area. The key was missing. A section to another door had a huge gap in it and someone had destroyed the lock and jimmied the door out of its place. I was afraid that bugs and mosquitoes would easily come through the crack. Stayed on the phone for quite a while to get the maintenance to come, but no one showed up. Someone did show up to show us how to open the locked door. It was basically muscling open the sliding panel by force! My sister later got to talk to someone (in native language) and was finally promised a maintenance team to look at the gaping door after we got back from dinner, which was hours after I first called. Even though WIFI was provided, one had to asked for it to be installed in the villa. The WIFI was super weak that the back room couldn't get the signal, which was annoying. One and to hang out in the living area to get the signal.
Beds were creaky and noisy and the mattresses were hard. Shower door does not shut tight and water got everywhere in the bathroom. The main AC unit in the living area was inadequate for the size of the common area. My sister's apartment, in another part of the hotel, had 2 leaky AC units and had to call upon the maintenance crew for repair too.
Overall it showed a very lax attitude towards maintenance and care. The beach and compound were littered with water bottles and trash. They remained for all 3 days we stayed there.
I was very disappointed with my stay and even more so for a beach resort that claims to be top-rated.

Room tip: Rooms in the main hotel overlooking the ocean
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank asiantraveller101
NRSK2016, Manager at Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, as it is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve with each and every stay.
However, we would like to advice that the pool villa you have stayed is not under Nexus Resort & Spa management. As such, you may want to address this matter with the operator concerned.
Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,
The Management.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Old furniture and fittings, have to press 10 sec or longer to flush toilet. Must bring cash or credit card in the hotel compound, even to the beach, coz they don't honor billing to room. Went to Sunset Bar for dinner after a walk along the beach, told the wait staff to bill to my room, signed my room number and name on the receipt, she came back and told me unapologetically that they only accept cash or credit card payment on the spot!
And when I order a supper in the room, I told the staff that I'll settle the bill when I check out the next morning and signed my room number and name on the receipt, then the staff RANG me at 2am to insist I settle RM$62 immediately!!! He told me: "it is his job", he must collect the money from me before his work ends at 6am. He did come to collect 10 minutes later... Again, he have never breathed a word of sorry at all.
Rude and inexperienced staff. Mediocre breakfast, slow service even at the "posh" Olives restaurant. Slow and small buggy service (4 pax per ride). Noisy check ins of tour group at 2-3am.
I'd not recommend this hotel to anyone. Unless you enjoy a screaming session at 2am!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank ih99
Reviewed 2 September 2017

If you are looking for peace from the crowded European beaches or want to enjoy the sun, the sea and the beautiful beach in any month of the year, then I definitely recommend the Nexus Resort on Borneo. We visited this resort several times in the past and we were always very satisfied. Starting with the quality of accommodation, the willingness of staff and food, which will surely satisfy everyone. The whole resort has a large area. Even at full occupancy, you will feel completely alone on the beach. Without leaving the resort, you feel like in the botanical garden. The journey to Borneo is simple and can be realized by an inexperienced traveler. The hotel also provides pick-up and airport pick-up service. The fear of a language barrier is also unnecessary for non-English-speaking tourists. The only thing that can happen to you is that you will not want to go home.
From Europe ideally any airline to Kuala Lumpur. From Kuala Lumpur, almost every hour by AirAsia airlines leaves plane to Kota Kinabalu to pick up a hotel service. You can book Everything from your living room without the assistance of a travel agency. For more demanding travelers, I can recommend fly over Singapore and see the city on your way back.

Petr Machek Czech Republik

Room tip: Nexus club
Date of stay: August 2017