All reviews cereal and toast private room air con washing machine comfortable beds rooms are big hot shower comfortable stay hostel dorm kk airport pillows taxi borneo mount waterfront
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

The hostel is in a place that is very loud at night. It doesn’t help if your room isn’t facing the street (mine wasn’t) the walls are very thin giving no sound isolation. Also the furniture is quite random making it a bit uncomfortable, for example my room had a little desk but no place to unpack my backpack so I had to keep everything on the floor or put back inside.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank faluchustaczek
Reviewed 27 August 2017

A really homely hostel, run by friendly and helpful staff. Good wifi. Breakfast included toast with jam and butter, fruit and coffee - Adequate and tasty. Clean and comfortable rooms. We stayed in a private double room. Free washing facilities, just a small charge for washing powder. Free towel hire. KK is a small place so easy to get around from here. The hostel arranged our taxi to the airport which was a reasonable price (can't remember how much but less than 50 RM.)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, when we arrived in KK. Arrived around 11am and couldn't check in until 1pm which was fine as we just chilled and had a shower and by 12 they let us check in.
There are no mixed dorms so ne and my friend was in separate dorms. I had a dorm upstairs where it was extremely hot but the room was nice and cool with the air con!
The showers were fine, had hot shower and shower gel/shampoo.
The highlight of the stay was having 2 pillows! It was pure luxury! The rooms were clean and the showers/toilet were kept clean too.

Breakfast was simple- cereal, toast, bananas and sometimes watermelon. Tea and fresh coffee. The good thing was that it was served until 12pm! But the breakfast was nothing special.

We stayed here again for 2 more nights after we went to the national park and the jungle trek.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I spent a few days before my jungle hike in Maliau Basin and directly after.

My first time spent here I found the hostel to be quite noisy and I was abit annoyed at the lack of care shown by other backpackers. The kitchen area is close to the rooms and sound carries.

I was also bunking with a guy that was grinding his teeth all night! Ahhh nightmare. I couldn't use earplugs due to me not wanting to miss my alarm.

On the second visit I found the crew quite understanding with regards to noise. However the doors are heavy and do make noise whether you try to close it softly or not.

The shoe racks when you first walk in is quite a mess and cramp. Information needs to be sought aft rather than offered at reception.

It however is value for money and breakfast is cereal and toast with some fruit if you are early enough in the morning.

The bathrooms are serviceable.

There is free washing machine with an area to dry your clothes.

The communal/common area is also a little tight and doesn't really encourage people gathering and chatting. However the rooms are big with the bed ratio and the vibe was good.

I wouldn't say this is centrally located but just a short walk to the main hub. I stayed at a number of backpacker places during my stay in KK and this was one of the better ones.

Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Great and Comfortable room with reasonable price;Free Wi-Fi, Towel, Shower Gel , washing Machine and Breakfast provided; The staffs are Friendly and willing to answer your questions. Strategic location which is near to restaurant, convenience store, shopping mall; Jesselton Point and more. Worth for it and Highly recommend to all!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends