All reviews cereal and toast private room air con comfortable beds rooms are big hot shower comfortable stay hostel dorm kk airport pillows taxi borneo
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff with English speaking. We are 5 Malaysian guys in a group visiting kk for 5 days 4 night.
A great and comfortable environment and living room with the cheap and affordable price. Wifi, air conditioner, shampoo, shower gel and especially washing machine for free of charge. Very strategic location which you can take the public transportation around of kota kinabalu. A short walking distance to good food at gaya streets. Worth of money for the living place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cbping93
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Great stay! We stayed here twice in our trip to Borneo. It felt like home! Comfortable beds, clean bathroom facilities and lovely staff. Breakfast provided is simple yet effective. Nice coffee! Great location in KK.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jilalex
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I was accommodated well here by the receptionist named May. She's lovely and speaks very good English. Elle was also very friendly and accommodating. Compared to other hostels, this one has laundry service which is very important for travelers like me. I also noticed that this hostel practices "no shoes policy" which is very nice because it's one way to keep the area clean. All staff are friendly. It's more than 1 kilometer away from the main city. You have to walk 10-15 mins.

Room Tip: it's colder on the ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

The hostel has very nice staff which were helpful. The rooms are fine though they do not have windows, they have air conditioning though. Try not to get the back room in 2nd floor though because it smells like trash from the street. Beyond that the bathrooms are clean, they offer a modest breakfast, and free use of the washing machine which was great. Location is fine near malls and waterfront. Wifi was good too. Kk is a city nothing crazy to see or do but it's the starting point for most activities. We stayed before and after going to Palau tiga, before doing mount Kinabalu too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This Backpacker lodge has 2 level, is located near the end of the shop-houses. It was my 1st stay and I like it very much as if I am staying in my home.

• Amenities
I stayed with my friends in Room 2, on Level 2 (which able to accommodate 6 person in a room. 3 double decker bed - Simple and the bed is clean.
- Each bed has its plug socket attached so its easy if you need to charge any electronic devices. There is sufficient for all of us.
-There is a towel hanging bar attached on each bed, so you can hang your towel to air dry.
(Appears to me the room design is well-thought for when you are sharing with 6 people in a room)

- I could always see there is a reception counter staff round the clock should I needed help.
- They provide free breakfast (simple toast and coffee) which many hostel do not provide.
- There is sufficient bathroom to use (3 bathroom, 3 toilet) on each level. The bathroom itself have soap and shampoo dispenser, which is quite convenient.
- There is only 1 washing machine to be share. So if it is being use, there is also a self service 24hr laundry store nearby where you can wash and dry at 12RM.

• Location:
- Just next door is a coffee shop if you are hungry for breakfast, within 10-15min walk, there are also many places to eat.
- Nearby is a bus terminal where you can take Airport Bus at 5RM to airport. This is especially useful if u are travelling alone.

**What I like best is probably the location with many places to go eat, near the bus terminal where I can take airport bus to and from the Airport. As a backpacker, it is an ideal hostel to choose, should I return again.

Nothing much to complain. Recommended.

Room Tip: Level 1 bathroom are more spacious as compare to the Level 2 ones.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends