See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My mother, five sisters and I have been going to the Taghkanic Motel every President's weekend for 22 years. The current owners (Korean not Japanese) are a couple who are very sweet and eager to please. It is not modern but you can tell that from the road. We have always had a wonderful time there. Being frigid in February, we have always had enough heat, no problems with our showers and the beds are comfy. The diner across the street is terrific and the pizza place serves a decent meal also. During the summer, we rent a cottage for the week at nearby Lake Taghkanic and the overflow visitors stay at the motel. We are definitely loyal customers!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Cranegirl55
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Well, I wanted a cheap, local motel close by my mother's place in Pine Plains, NY. The place is now owned by an older-middle aged Japanese couple who's command of the English language is a bit tenuous. Call them and see for yourself. That's okay... what wasn't okay, room 6, to the right of the owners home-office, a bathroom with no vents or windows... legal???... and a posting, two actually, on the walls of the shower that you need to turn the shower knob all the way to the left and leave it there for a while, then slowly to the right "a third of three". Yeah, right. It was glacially cold for about 10 minutes. Then increaingly hotter...like scalding and no adjustments would rectify this. I'm not sure if this is just this room, but...horrible! All for 95$ w/ tax. The pizza next door is pretty good though.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple