“Family Night at the Tavern”

Shorty's Southside Tavern
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have lived in the Charlton area all of my life and I’ve never heard of Shorty’s. I took the family there based on Trip Advisor reviews, as we were in Amsterdam shopping. Our family of four enjoyed our meals inexpensive for a lot of very solid tasty pub food. We had the Sonoma
Burger, chicken parm with alfredo and angel hair, chicken parm grinder and their homemade macaroni and cheese with chicken. Service was great, waitress pleasant. Everything in the tavern is homemade. Their blue cheese is delicious. Most of us could only eat half of our meal as we shared their blooming onion for an app, so we have half of our meal for another day. This place should not disappoint.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

We have ordered to go from here 7 or 8 times in the last 3 months. We are never disappointed. The food is always plentiful and delicious. Their drive through window is very convenient and the prices are fair for what you get.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

We get dinner to go a lot - never any issues. This week instead of an Italian dish - They have the best eggplant - I went with the fried haddock dinner. Very good. My husband had the roast beef club - it was large enough for another meal. Their chicken parm is very good as is the spaghetti and meatballs are the best. Never disappointed with what I order and I order every weekend. Love the drive up to go window.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

This is a great bar with huge portions of food: perfect for those cycling the Erie Canal, as we were. We enjoyed it very much.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

We went out to dinner with our friends wanted to try place we never been before. So we decided on Shortys - have heard good things. I had the eggplant dinner with penne and salad, my husband a burger with fries, our friends the roast beef special with mashed potatoes and chicken wrap with fries. We started with the boneless wings and calamari . Everything was very good. A good verify of food on the menu. We will be back.

Date of visit: September 2020