“Friendly Staff!”
Review of Ba Ri Tailor

Ba Ri Tailor
Ranked #6 of 450 Shopping in Hoi An
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Our visit to Ba-Ri was very pleasant. All the staff were helpful and friendly, offering water and a chair to rest. Everyone here is relaxed and has a great sense of humor. We needed some fancy clothes for a wedding in the Philippines. We got everything we asked for. “Vi” even took me on a special motorcycle trip to find just the right fabric in their satellite warehouse. We feel very well taken care of here in Ba-Ri. We will tell our friends about our experience.

I hope that the staff has a positive memory of us as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)
All reviews
"fair price"
"within hours"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I had a pair of tailored black pants and grey shorts made at Ba-Ri which (pre washing) appear fit well although the shorts are somewhat shorter and tighter than I wanted. I also had a summer wrap dress made - the fit on this was snug to begin with and I wasn't entirely happy with the way the v-neck line was sitting (despite two attempts to get this right). Having now washed the garment it has shrunk considerably and I am now unable to wear the dress. Just a word of caution to check if the fabric you select shrinks or not and if it does make sure you go one size bigger. Service was very good and friendly but did notice my tailor was due to finish and 6 o'clock so the garments were finished off very quickly. I also felt the price was very high working out at over USD$40 per item (I also had two items made for my daughter and all were quite simple designs).

1  Thank christinepY5121PY
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Honestly, I feel very fortunate that we found Ba Ri tailor during this trip. It was the first time my wife and I had visited Vietnam and we decided to start our holiday with purchasing a new suit.

It was a bit overwhelming to get situated as there were easily 3 blocks of tailors in a row. After stopping into two of them, we randomly came across someone who introduced herself as Lucy who jumped off her motorbike to talk to us. It was clear that Lucy was determined to have us come to her shop and though I felt a bit off about it in the moment, i’m Thrilled that we decided to come and see her store. WE DIDNT FOLLOW HER DIRECTLY, but then came and found Ba Ri separately.

The entire Experience was unlike any of the other stores we had been to and seen. There were a lot of different workers, and there were some of the most vibrant cloth options I had seen yet.As an African-American man in Asia, it’s incredibly different to find clothes that match the shape of my body. However, Hoa from this store made it a point to really serve me - she spent tome measuring the various ways my body shifted and created a suit that flattered me quite greatly.

What made me decide to actually write a review was that Beyond the selection and the customer service, I could tell that they cared about my happiness with the purchase. Those extra measurements, the number of refittings we did, and the jokes that were made throughout the experience really made me feel they had my best interests in mind. We purchased clothes from a few other places, but this place really went above and beyond to deliver high-quality that I would love. That didn’t happen at the other places.

This is probably too long as it is, but I just feel my entire shopping experience would have been different. I can’t wait to show this off once we leave!!

Come here - you won’t regret it AND you’ll be glad you came!

1  Thank NKANemo
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I got a lovely dress made here for my best friend’s wedding, and my husband had a suit made with a fun lining. The ladies in the store are all very friendly and the turnaround was super fast - his suit was essentially finished within the first day. Hoa did a great job helping him with it, and made sure it was perfect for his body shape. I was on the fence about getting my dress and Cherry drove me on her motorbike to 2 different factories just so I could see the lace and get s better image in my mind. I couldn’t be more pleased with how both items turned out!

1  Thank Nicole A