“Amazing atmosphere, service and food”

Lantern Town Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 1,027 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located right in the middle of Hoi An ancient town, Lantern Town offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine and a selective creative fusion dishes. Great ambience, welcoming staff and friendlly services are what we always try our best to bring to our customers. Wide range of choices for enjoying your meal and drinks such as Cozy indoor, Open courtyard, Upstair overlookng the river, Terrace or Chilled out bar. With wide selection of food cooked in traditional way of Vietnamese Hoianian, and a collection of signature cocktails especially the Happy Hours 2 for 1 from 3:00pm-7:00pm, Lantern Town is perfect place for dining in charming Hoi An.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We happened to just come across this restaurant by chance. We were recommended to eat somewhere else which we couldn't get in to as it was so very busy. The service we received from Ang was exceptional and she made us feel very welcome. We wanted to try Vietnamese food and she explained each dish and what we should try. My husband had the duck spring rolls which he said were the best he had ever had. We had the duck with ginger, the beef and green pepper plus noodles with vegetables (we were very hungry as we had not eaten all day). The food was divine, fresh and very flavoursome. The ambience of the place with all the lanterns was very pretty and the outdoor area amongst the greenery made you feel as though you were sitting in a garden. Fans were plugged in to keep us cool. Overall an amazing, relaxing and very reasonably priced meal away from all the hustle and bustle of Hoi An.

1  Thank 648cheryl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I visited this restaurant on the latter part of our honeymoon due to good TripAdvisor reviews.

The location is lovely, and the restaurant is beautifully decorated and they have a fairly expansive menu.

My slight issue was the food. I ordered duck spring rolls, and unfortunately half of them were cold in the middle. The rolls that were not cold were very tasty indeed, but i was surprised two came out cold.

I picked the tenderloin pork with melted cheese for my main, but was disappointed as it was fairly flavourless. Now this might have been my fault for picking that dish, but I had tenderloin earlier on in my trip and found it to be the best meal I had in Thailand.

So while the place is lovely and looks great, and the service was reasonable - i was left disappointed by the meal. Though i'm sure other nights, meal choices, may well have been a different experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended for many reasons... ambiance is on point (lanterns everywhere result in a nice warm glow), it’s open air so the feeling is nice especially in the evening and of course the traditional Vietnamese food is so tasty! OMG please get the Raspberry smoothie that’s only made here #nextlevel.. and of course, ANS is the best waitress you could ever have! so knowledgeable, so friendly and so kind! she took great care of us!

1  Thank Jamo W
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our travel agent recommended this restaurant and weren’t disappointed. Set menu was delicious, staff attentive and helpful. Had a table for two at the rear of the restaurant (river end) tucked in against a window opening. Perfect views of river and passing walkers. Very romantic.

1  Thank jojobicycle
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Walked in off street and host ANS recommended the fish special - and it was - loved it !
Thanks Lantern Town - will be back,