Tribal Collections Nomadic Rugs and Textiles
Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful carpets and lovely people!! Truly the Best of Cappadocia!

This review is long overdue! I visited Ruth's amazing shop over this past Christmas. This was my... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
sugareegrl8078
Istanbul, Turkey
Cappadocia Trip

Last time I went to Cappadocia I didn't have the pleasure to go and visit Ruth, however I have... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
113kasian
Ankara, Turkey
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Goreme
from US$143.73
from US$87.39
from US$91.99
from US$224.22
More Info
All reviews ruth lockwood no pressure beautiful shop turkey rug shops shopping experience mutual friend hand luggage cushion covers turkish rug beautiful pieces carpet making beautiful carpets beautiful collection pillow cases drinking tea grand bazaar
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I'm so pleased this was included in my visit to the Cappadocia region. Ruth was so knowledgeable without being a pushy salesperson, the visit was a total pleasure.

Date of experience: April 2018
rlockwood, Owner at Tribal Collections Nomadic Rugs and Textiles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and review . It is very much appreciated and and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us .
Warmest Wishes and thanks again

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The visit to tribal collections was part of our Intrepid tour. Otherwise we would have missed this great experience. There was no "hard sell", in fact quite the opposite. The information class was about 45 min. In this time we got a very good idea about types of carpets, how and where they are made, along with how they are priced. The "no bargaining" aspect appealed to me, as it gave you a confident idea of what a carpet is worth. The two hours spent there in total was well worth it, even for the members of the tour who did not buy anything. We purchased two carpets, the shipping to Australia was quick (about 1 week) with no problems at all. The professionalism of the whole experience would give me no hesitation in giving this the highest recommendation.

Hi Chris ,
What a wonderful review - Thank you so much for your kind words.Your comments are very much appreciated and I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us . I love the carpets you choose and hope they will always be a wonderful reminder of your time here in Turkey
We hope to see you again one day !
Warmest Wishes

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We visited Cappadocia in April 2018 from Chicago and had a wonderful experience at this shop. Ruth ad her colleagues went the extra mile to show us all the options. We will definitely go back there and highly recommend it to others.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you so much for your great review and your kind words. I am so happy you enoyed your carpet buying experience with us and we hope to see you again if you are back in Turkey.
Warmest Wishes

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Be warned, Ruth's passion for antique textiles is contagious! I'm finding myself becoming obsessed! I'm now on my third visit to Turkey, it's almost worth coming all the way just to see what new treasures they have managed to find at Tribal Collections. Hands down the best, most honest Carpet dealer in Cappadocia.

Date of experience: April 2018
rlockwood, Owner at Tribal Collections Nomadic Rugs and Textiles, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thanks for such a great review Jack ! I have to say I am thrilled that you are finding the same passion that I have for carpets and kilims . Its a real joy to share this with you - what do they say ' addicts like compamy' :) and for me there is nothing more wonderful than sharing all of this with you . I so look forward to your next visit and when you get the time send me a pick of that wild cicim insitu - I would love that !
Huge thanks again

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I stumbled upon Tribal Collections on my first trip to Cappadocia in March 2018, and I am incredibly grateful I did. What was even more remarkable than the gorgeous array of carpets and kilims Ruth had was the time she took to teach me about them. Over tea, she taught me about the patterns and colors, the ways in which she is able to date the pieces, and distinguish from which part of the country they were crafted. And perhaps most memorably for me was the way she imagined the narrative of the woman behind the work (for example, she explained that the asymmetry of certain designs perhaps indicated the woman’s creative freedom or spontaneity). If you are interested not only in purchasing beautiful designs, but learning something about them, the culture and history they belong to, visit Ruth at Tribal Collections. I purchased two beautiful kilims from her that day, and hope to visit her shop again before I leave Turkey :)

Date of experience: March 2018
rlockwood, Owner at Tribal Collections Nomadic Rugs and Textiles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Anna ,
Huge huge thanks for such a lovely review - I was really thrilled and just so happy you enjoyed your visit and found what you were looking for .
I loved meeting you and I really hope I get to see you before you leave Turkey
Every warm wish to you