All reviews private guided tour turkish breakfast turkey conference retreat lounging archaeological
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We are just now getting back in the groove after returning from two weeks in Turkey. We did a bit of touring in and around Istanbul for a week before moving on to the south. I had a conference that compelled us to stay at an all-inclusive (more on that in another post) but as the conference was winding down started to do some touring at and around Ephesus.
Istanbul was ok, and if our trip ended there, I wouldn’t have needed to return, but it didn’t end there, and I feel now that I must return.
We had the most amazing guide for our tour of Ephesus (so much so, that we hired him for a full day of touring as the conference wound down).
At the end of our private guided tour, we returned to the all-inclusive (more on that in another post!) but we had a plan for the following day.
We would be picked up by the new proprietor of the Ephesus Lodge and taken to this real slice of Turkish Delight.
We arrived early and took a little while to unwind. I enjoyed some frosty Turkish beer on the patio and Leanne enjoyed some tea. It couldn’t have been more relaxing.
We stayed in the Turkish Bath room, heated tile made for a nice bit of relaxing after a fabulous Turkish dinner that included fish for me and grilled meat for Leanne (not a fish lover).
Dinner terrific. The room was clean and very comfortable.
The service was amazing. But the best (Turkish breakfast) was yet to come.
Wondering about the property is encouraged and why not, so many interesting nooks and crannies, all with comfortable seating/lounging and a coffee/tea or frosty beverage always within reach.
Did I mention Sunday morning yoga in the courtyard (my first practice!) with a very patient and multi-lingual instructor (I am sure there is a better title, but I don’t want to use the wrong one!).
You don’t have to go to Turkey, you should but you don’t have to, but if you do, you have to go to Ephesus, and when you do, you must stay at the Ephesus Lodge. You will be greeted warmly, treated royally and fed properly!
I cannot recommend this stay highly enough!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leanneandbrian
Reviewed 21 January 2018

A very nice place to stay for a visit to one of the worlds most famous and in good condition conserved ruin "Ephesus". It is close to the airport and Kuşadası downtown but still far enough to stay close to nature without leaving your comfort zone. Traditional houses are now at your service for your stay. Every room opens to the atrium. Where most of the time someone would spent his or her time. It is so peaceful.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Small and hidden boutique hotel in beautiful Kirazli, not far from Kusadasi. Gorgeous rooms (wooden details, large beds), beautifully landscaped grounds and lovely pool. The food was absolutely delicious. And what makes it all so comfortable is the staff -- warm and gracious, English-speaking. Truly is an oasis. Very near Ephesus and in beautiful lush green grape growing region. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Babies can freely crawl and toddle on the beautifully kept grass while staying cool under the walnut trees. Wooden furniture they used to decorate the rooms and the lounging areas is top quality and makes the place really warm. A path into the pine forest is minutes away on foot. Mehmet, the waiter (and most other things really) is a darling. Kirazli is at least 5-7 degrees cooler than the coast. Owner, his girlfriend, his father, entire staff, all wonderful people. Chef bakes his own bread and is a training top. Ask for the home-made liquors. One of the few places in TR where you can drink Turkish IPA beer. Every single detail has been thought of. Great value for your money.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2016

My husband and I stayed two night at Ephesus Lodge, a beautiful oasis and a lovely hotel. The owners are very hospitable., the food was delicious and the room was very comfortable. It is in a tiny little town so you have everything you need right at the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016