Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$88
View deal
Booking.comUS$95
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews shuttle boat security gate the actual hotel private villa turkish hospitality there are so many steps sea terrace views
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

Don’t normally take time to leave negative reviews, on this occasion it reached the required level.Whilst I accept that the season for Tourists begins in May, we visited as resort guests in April.I’m at a complete loss to understand the bored Receptionist’s “Gollum” like protection of the WiFi Password which is supposedly available to all resort guests, particularly when the Restaurants and Bars of Kalkan make it freely available available.Bizarre bearing in mind the usual Turkish hospitality.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2022

This hotel is potentially very nice - good size comfortable rooms, great outdoor swimming decks, lovely breakfast area. Unfortunately, the men at reception were so unobliging and so unwelcoming and so dislikeable that one felt like one was arriving into a haunted house. To say that they were hostile would not be too much of an exaggeration. If it was only one of them, then the experience might be dismissed as an unfortunate exception. But when the next guy is just as unfriendly and unobliging, then one might be forgiven for wondering if the hotel is on a self-destruct sabotage mission. Whats with these guys? Are they so badly paid that they are resentful?

Fortunately, the young breakfast staff were more likeable and more obliging, even if they seemed a bit new to the hospitality industry.

As for the wifi !! Dont get me started. It just does not work. Full stop. I'm not one to spend much time looking for wifi or internet, but it would be handy to be able to check for messages or google just for 10 minutes in the morning. Unfortunately, not at this place. And even that would not be so bad, if they simply told you :- the wifi doesnt work. But they dont tell you that : they pretend, and give you passwords etc, so that you end up wasting your time and energy trying in vain to find the hotspot. And even then, the reception guys imply that its you that is the problem.

Its a pity about the staff and the wifi, because the place has such great potential. I wouldn't waste another day there, out of precious holiday time, when there are so many lovely places, and so many hospitable alternatives.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 3 November 2021

We went here with mixed views over the reviews! What a little gem this is. Although the place could do with a spruce up, we found that the staff were really nice, accommodating, willing to serve. In fact they were only too pleased to help. When we asked for a kettle and a extra blanket and mosquito repellant they appeared in our room while we were dining. Views were fantastic. Only grumble really was the water taxi wasn't going. Room was good (apart from the serving hatch from bedroom to bathroom!) Also needs a repaint. Breakfast good, lunchtime menu good. So, here's the staff that looked after us so well
Adem, Sinan, Yusuf and Gulizar. We loved our little chats. Chris and Bev room 512!!

Room tip: Bribe the front of house staff!!
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 26 October 2021

We were really nervous about our trip to a private villa within the grounds of Patara Prince given the many negative reviews of the resort on this site. I'm relieved to say though that our experience could not have been more different. We had a wonderful 8 days there and would love to return another time.

The grounds and overall aspect of the resort are/is simply stunning. We loved its feel - so quiet, peaceful and serene.

Many of the other reviews comment on the horrendous WiFi connection. We wouldn't know about that as who wants to be online while in a place like that?

Lots of reviews also focus on the appalling service received by staff. Again, that wasn't our experience. Admittedly the staff in general do come across as young, inexperienced and in need of more customer service training but we never found anyone to be actively rude or unhelpful. Adem deserves a mention for his efforts to welcome us and keep us happy during our frequent visits to the hotel's restaurant (which we found to serve perfectly nice food at a reasonable price in a beautiful atmospheric setting) (thank you Adem, you did a great job).

In terms of the negatives - there are many many steps within the grounds which make it immediately unsuitable for certain people. We were disappointed that the shuttle boat was not running to and from Kalkan. We possibly would have preferred that the fantastic main swimming pool wasn't salt water. As we did not stay in the hotel itself we can't comment on the standard of the rooms or their value for money etc although we did understand from other guests we met that the rooms were quite "tired". For this reason, if we do ever return, we would envisage this being in a private rental within the grounds again, rather than staying in the actual hotel.

To summarise, Patara Prince definitely wouldn't be for you if you like glossy, modern all-singing all-dancing resorts. This is an old school hotel with old school charm in an unbelievably calm and laid back setting. Perfect for what we look for in a holiday.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rebeccadV4847DE
Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

My first day was spent running back and forth between my room and the reception: no aircon, no internet and the keycard didn't work. The last issue was solved after four tries and rudeness from front staff. The other issues were never solved. The internet apparently only works in spots that are so select I never found them. Not in the room, not on the terrace, not in the Café for sure... ;)

Do not go there expecting the basics, like aircon to work. And do not expect to be treated civilly when you complain. I was told aircon works at certain hours, then that they have to turn it on for me and then that the windows weren't closed properly. One guy just laughed at me. I gave up after the second day because I didn't want to spend my holidays arguing.

The location is truly beautiful, the room I stayed in was spatious and fairly nice and the hotel has great potential, too bad it looks it isn't being managed well. There are some nice people working there, like the lady at the reception desk, who do what they can to limit the damage which isn't much.

BUT for a hotel on this level what is being done is definitely not enough. I can only imagine what it is like in the summer when you have paid a lot of money and then have all the annoyance on top of it.

Date of stay: September 2021