Twinpalms Phuket
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotels.com
Banyan Tree Phuket(Thalang District)
US$336
BanyanTree.com
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$117
US$106
Agoda.com
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$156
Expedia
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
The Slate(Nai Yang)
Hotels.com
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket(Pa Khlok)(Great Value!)
2,031 results
All reviewsoriental spooncatch beach clubgrand deluxe palm roomthe penthouselagoon poolresidence hostcatch barour honeymoonconstruction noiseseafoodhotel restaurantamazing hoteldirect accessmain poolpool accessbeautiful surin beachwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2016

TwinPalms is a nice hotel close to Surin beach. It is good with those with small children or couples. Overall it is a good value and I would consider returning.

Positives

1). Good breakfast- simple, hood selection and fresh. The staff at breakfast were also very good. You could tell they were not use to the number of people but they handled everything with a smile and they kept the buffet full and working.
2) Nice large pool - see comments about pool chairs below
3) Beach clubs are useful and having them owned by the same group as the hotel makes it part of the deal.
4) Palms Seafood is good but expensive. A shuttle to Palm from the hotel is great

Room for improvement
1) Front Desk - Beyond lost. They seem to be on the side of the local taxi companies and not the hotel guests when you take a taxi (I negotiated a lower price almost every time then the hotel told me I could get). They always seemed confused and lost. Time to upgrade!
2) Taking a run - I asked where I could take a run outside. Their answer was tot ale a right out of the hotel and nothing more. Try a running map to Bang Tao Beach. Try giving a water to a returning runner. This will also up with the gym over crowding when the hotel is full!
3) Pool chairs - At the beginning of the week they did not have enough and by the end as people were leaving they added more... Try looking at how full the hotel is and adding chairs before people arrive. I could have avoided waking up at 6:30 am to put a towel on a chair
4) Towel cards - A waste of time. I played a game to see how many towels and cards I could collect. I got to 14 before I gave some back. Not sure even the nearby Best Western or the next door Novotel would have the same system
5) Transfer to the airport - OVER PRICED. they asked for 3000 Bhat. I found 1200 Bhat on line i 5 minutes. Not sure 150% more is worth saving the 5 minutes

Stayed: April 2016
2  Thank hellohello5
OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Twinpalms Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear hellohello5,
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Twinpalms Phuket and for considering coming back. We are glad you enjoyed most of your stay and thank you for the up's...
We also thank you for your suggestions and will make some comments if you allow me to:
Noted on the Front Office team, its a young ever changing team but our challenge right...we will work on it following your recommendations, running map; you dont represent the majority...most run in the fitness because of the heat but will work on it, drinking water should have been offered naturally upon your return and in fact upon departing too. Agree on the poolside chairs, we missed it, our apologies for the early morning wakeup's, that said no one ever waits more than a few minute for a sun chair to be free by the pool, on vacation, in front of a fresh juice or cocktail or glass of rose, worse place and reasons to wait for a few minutes...
Towel cards, so you are the funny one asking for more everyday, rest assured that you appeared on all our morning briefing log...amazingly, we reduced the missing luxury pool towels by 95% since we introduced this system, it will stay...ultimately at most other hotels, the clients end up paying for the missing ones...
The transfer to the airport priced at THB 3'000 is for a luxury van, accommodating up to 9 passenger, our hotel limousine cost THB 1'500 for up to 3 passengers, properly insured and using a hotel certified driver, comparing it to a local transportation means...well entirely your choice as long as all goes well, hate to think of the worse case scenario.
All in all, again thank you for your review, we owe you a drink on your next visit for your great suggestions.
Looking forward to your return, let me know so we have the pleasure to talk together.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I visited this hotel with my boyfriend for 10 nights in March 2016 as our first trip to Thailand. We stayed in a deluxe palm room which was perfect and we had no problems with our room throughout the stay. We loved the bathroom which overlooked a garden and the beds were huge and so comfortable.

The pool area was beautiful and so quiet. The staff walk around the pool during the day handing out fresh fruit. You have the best of both worlds here because you can either have the peace of the pool or you can stroll over to the beach where both Bimi and Catch beach clubs will provide you with beach mats, pillows and towels in exchange for your towel card. My only criticism would be that there are not enough sunbeds around the pool area. During the week this was not a problem but come the weekend when the hotel was at full capacity, there are not enough beds for the number of guests.

The beach was a 2/3 minute walk away across a field. As other reviewers have mentioned, the field is unsightly but it is well lit and we didn't feel unsafe. The beach is beautiful and there is restaurant after restaurant along the beach. We loved all of the restaurants we tried and we loved going for drinks in Catch every night after dinner. We also loved the free drink at Bimi every night between 6-7pm - choice of beer, cocktails or wine.

The food at the hotel was fantastic. We ate several days at the pool bar which was great. Breakfast at the Oriental Spoon was plentiful with lots of option - fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, omelettes, eggs etc. The Sunday brunch is a must do! Sushi, seafood, meats, thai dishes and more as well as a bottle of wine and unlimited vodka. Highly recommend! We also ate at Catch, Bimi and Palm Seafood and all were fantastic. Palm Seafood is a must and the hotel provide complimentary transport to and from the restaurant.

The staff were lovely. Special thanks to Ben Suthee Yeesoon who arranged all of our trips - he even came to find us at breakfast one morning to let us know our trip had been confirmed. He was so helpful and it was much appreciated.

Overall we had an amazing time and we could not have picked a better hotel for our first trip to Thailand. We are recommending Twinpalms to all of our friends and family. Book it as you will not be disappointed. We would not hesitate to return!

Room Tip: Any room. All have pool views.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coop06
OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Twinpalms Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Dear Coop06,
Thank you for having chosen Twinpalms Phuket for your visit to Phuket and Thailand, we are honored to have had the opportunity to be your hosts...
It is pleasing to read that you have returned home with great and long lasting memories of this experience, we hope there will be more and we count on being part of it...
See you again soon, until then

Reviewed 27 March 2016

This was my third time at Twinpalms and very happy to be back. The staff service very professional and always willing to assist with a warm smile. The restaurant staff remembered me from previous visits which was nice and were very welcoming for the morning breakfast.
Breakfast is tasty and filling with a nice selection. The kitchen chef always remembered my favourite chili omelette and made it to a taste perfection.
The beach clubs (Catch and Bimi) great places to have a good night partying or just to do a day chillout.
Thanks to the reception for orgainising the Grand Delux Palm room with great balcony views with peaceful surrounds.
Overall, the beautiful resort and warm smiling staff make this place like my home away from home.
Will be back.

Stayed: January 2016
OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Twinpalms Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear Peter_SB1,
Thank you for coming back to us at Twinpalms Phuket.
We are delighted that you find most as you left then. I assure you that your favorite chili omelet and a Grand Deluxe Palm Room await you...
See you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Spent 10 days here in March and must say the staff at this resort really make it worth a visit. Little things like the room maids topping up a fresh ice bucket each afternoon when you get back from the beach to restaurant staff remembering to have a latte ready for you at breakfast all make a difference.
The associated beach clubs Bimi and Catch are well worth an evening sunset cocktail and again the staff at these premises go above and beyond in helping you relax and enjoy the vista. Beach itself and waters were very clean compared to other areas of Phuket. ie. Patong/Kata/etc and you don't get overly pestered by beach vendors.
If you want to go to a 5 star place in Phuket with a nice clean beach and quiet laidback atmosphere, but close enough to go to the craziness of Patong if you want, then book in at TwinPalms.

Room Tip: Try for a lagoon pool room at the back of the resort
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M
OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Twinpalms Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Dear Tony M,
Thank you for the praise, in return, guests welcoming and appreciating our efforts are great company...
See you again soon we hope for more good time together.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

We stayed at the Twinpalms for three days. The room was coventianal for a 5 star hotel. However the problems began when I wanted to take a bath. The water came out in a trickle. There was no pressure at all so I called the front desk and asked for a technician to increase the pressure. When he arrived he said, I'm sorry sir but all of our rooms have the same pressure." Now when you are paying top dollar to stay in a 5 star hotel that is not the answer you expect to hear. I asked him to call the manager. As he picked up the phone it fell apart in his hands. The evening was a disaster. Well to my great amazement the director of the hotel called us the next morning to humbly apologize for the inconvenience and upgraded us to their presidential suite. We had a triplex apartment with a private rooftop pool for the remainder of our holiday. All I can say is what started out as a so-so stay ended up being luxury all the way.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M

Dear David M,
Well some would call it Karma other just life...I say its Twinpalms at its best...
Thank you for having selected Twinpalms Phuket for this short visit. Please accept again our apologies over the low pressure in your bath and the related phone challenge...
All of us are delighted that you left with long lasting memories...
See you again soon we hope.