Stayed in a deluxe palm for four nights. The hotel is in a good location, beach is easily accessible and close to restaurants/convenient stores. The taxi ride (metered taxi) from Phuket airport was less than 500 baht.
The checkin was pretty smooth and everything was fairly well explained. The room was a decent size but a deluxe palm room DOES NOT have a bathtub which was rather surprising. I would assume the bigger rooms have a bathtub. The bed was super big could probably fit four people. The room was quite quiet at night, and although our room was quite close to the pool we couldn't really hear what was going on outside.
Unfortunately, the two USB plugs next to the bed were broken on arrival and we could not charge our phones, the charging outlet was also faulty so we called the technician in but he could only fix this the next day. After it was fixed, I found that one of my usb wires was damaged as the technician had obviously tried to jam the plug into the wall. This was kind of annoying and I would not expect this from a five star hotel.
Breakfast was alright, was not the most impressive breakfast in Thailand but had all the usual things, not much variety and lack of Thai food. Also, the food was not replenished quickly enough so there we always saw empty plates of food when we had breakfast.
The pool was very long and good for a swim. However there was not enough pool chairs and by early morning people had already put their towels there. This was kind of annoying because this meant you could never get a pool chair unless you wake up really early say before 7AM. However I did find seats on Surin Beach, there is always a free spot if you ask the beach club (Bimi or Catch). They provide beach mattresses and towels. I preferred this to the pool because there was more wind and it wasn't so hot.
The best part of the hotel is probably the service, very friendly hotel staff and always willing to help. They always greeted guests with a smile and maintained a high level of professionalism.
Overall, the hotel was not bad and we enjoyed the stay. It could have been excellent if some of the small issues above did not occur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phuket most exciting and stylish contemporary resort. Located adjacent to pristine Surin Beach, offering affordable luxury experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, WingontravelTA, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Twinpalms Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twinpalms Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Twinpalms Phuket Hotel Cherngtalay
- Twinpalms Phuket Cherngtalay