“Truly magical experience”
Review of Wayo Africa

Wayo Africa
Ranked #33 of 340 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Our aim is to take guests into remote corners of the bush and to give them the opportunity to explore outside a vehicle, in comfort and most importantly, at an affordable price. We are simply, the coolest little safari company one can find! Wayo Africa is the safari division of the official Tanzanian registered company Green Footprint Adventures.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Our quick 3 day safari was absolutely fantastic. Everything we hoped for and more.

I had gotten quotes from 6 different safari companies and am so glad I went with Wayo. The entire booking process was easy and friendly. They answered all my questions quickly and had great suggestions for the amount of time we wanted to spend, as well as helped us with flights and arranged for us to store vehicles at their office.

Our guide was an incredibly sweet and knowledgeable. We spent two days in Serengeti and one in Ngorongoro. We cannot believe how many animals we saw just on day 1! The green camp was serene and the food was delicious. Our lodge the last night outside the crater was so special, we both want to go back some day and just spend a few days relaxing there.

4  Thank cmcginn1

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were on a one week safari (tarangire, serengeti, crater) with a family of 13 persons. Our guides were Leonard and James and we couldn have asked for better ones. Our son formulated it at best at the end of the safari. James and Leonard already feel a bit like they were a part of our family.
Why is that? First of all their expertise of the animals (including the birds), the country and the culture. It was also nice how they involved the children. We have seen everything we wanted to see, we even saw in the crater the big five in a few hours.

But something else was even more important. Unfortunately one of the children was sick during a great part of the safari. James and Leonard helped us in every way with advice, reassurance and they even escorted us to the docter. This personal touch helped us to make the best of it and the group still had a great safari.

Thanks Leonard and James; we will never forget it as we will never forget Tanzania!

4  Thank Just E
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We just got back from a two week anniversary celebration in Tanzania with Wayo Africa. It was our first time in Africa and we had high expectations. From beginning to end, Wayo far exceeded anything we could have hoped for. Every part of this trip was perfect. Extremely attentive and professional staff, beautiful and comfortable lodging, excellent food. Everything was exactly as we had been told it would be. A highlight was the six day safari with our wonderful guide Aloyce. He was always punctual, always friendly, and extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the wildlife. We recommend Wayo without reservation to anyone who wants an amazing and unforgettable experience!!!

3  Thank joseorellano327
Reviewed 1 January 2017

I recently visited Tanzania for two weeks, and the locations I planned to visit were different from the Serengeti and Arusha regions, a bit off the beaten path. I had learned of Wayo via a podcast, and from the moment I contacted them, the personalized planning, preparation, and booking were outstanding. I worked with their US agent, and she was so knowledgeable and generous with her time. Her advice to me about major things like booking a safari in Ruaha or minor things like airport transfers not only ensured my trip would be completely smooth, but also provided me with confidence and pre-arrival information so that I didn't have to worry about anything before I left or after I arrived. They even provided me with in-country contact numbers in case I ran into any problems.
I used Wayo to book the safari (and the camp they booked for us was outstanding - Mdonya Old River Camp) and also a few in-country flights, hotels, transfers, and one private car/driver. I highly recommend Wayo. My trip was a beautiful experience due in large part to their attention to detail and thorough, personalized service.

3  Thank Janet_in_Nashville
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We are a little hesitant on how to rate this 8 day trip without sounding trite. From start to finish, Zeff, Joseph, George and Brian as our guides were responsive, informative, and just fun and easy to be with. Osammi (sp?) and Vinny kept us cared for and well fed.

The entire trip, we felt that we were in the company of friends who were passionate caretakers of the Serengeti. It's more than their job. They love what they do. Backpacking into the plains held so many moments that were almost too spiritual to write about here. You become a part of the environment. Our guides struck that balance of caring for us and giving us space to just be with wilderness.

If you are looking for an adventure unlike any other, get out of the Land Cruiser and away from the crowds; ask Wayo to customize your experience.

1  Thank Leah W