“Happy Anniversary!!!”
Review of Wayo Africa

Wayo Africa
Ranked #34 of 339 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Our aim is to take guests into remote corners of the bush and to give them the opportunity to explore outside a vehicle, in comfort and most importantly, at an affordable price. We are simply, the coolest little safari company one can find! Wayo Africa is the safari division of the official Tanzanian registered company Green Footprint Adventures.
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We just got back from a two week anniversary celebration in Tanzania with Wayo Africa. It was our first time in Africa and we had high expectations. From beginning to end, Wayo far exceeded anything we could have hoped for. Every part of this trip was perfect. Extremely attentive and professional staff, beautiful and comfortable lodging, excellent food. Everything was exactly as we had been told it would be. A highlight was the six day safari with our wonderful guide Aloyce. He was always punctual, always friendly, and extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the wildlife. We recommend Wayo without reservation to anyone who wants an amazing and unforgettable experience!!!

2  Thank joseorellano327

Reviewed 1 January 2017

I recently visited Tanzania for two weeks, and the locations I planned to visit were different from the Serengeti and Arusha regions, a bit off the beaten path. I had learned of Wayo via a podcast, and from the moment I contacted them, the personalized planning, preparation, and booking were outstanding. I worked with their US agent, and she was so knowledgeable and generous with her time. Her advice to me about major things like booking a safari in Ruaha or minor things like airport transfers not only ensured my trip would be completely smooth, but also provided me with confidence and pre-arrival information so that I didn't have to worry about anything before I left or after I arrived. They even provided me with in-country contact numbers in case I ran into any problems.
I used Wayo to book the safari (and the camp they booked for us was outstanding - Mdonya Old River Camp) and also a few in-country flights, hotels, transfers, and one private car/driver. I highly recommend Wayo. My trip was a beautiful experience due in large part to their attention to detail and thorough, personalized service.

2  Thank Janet_in_Nashville
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We are a little hesitant on how to rate this 8 day trip without sounding trite. From start to finish, Zeff, Joseph, George and Brian as our guides were responsive, informative, and just fun and easy to be with. Osammi (sp?) and Vinny kept us cared for and well fed.

The entire trip, we felt that we were in the company of friends who were passionate caretakers of the Serengeti. It's more than their job. They love what they do. Backpacking into the plains held so many moments that were almost too spiritual to write about here. You become a part of the environment. Our guides struck that balance of caring for us and giving us space to just be with wilderness.

If you are looking for an adventure unlike any other, get out of the Land Cruiser and away from the crowds; ask Wayo to customize your experience.

1  Thank Leah W
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This was our first experience staying in a Wayo camp and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The location is terrific as the camp is situated perfectly for viewing the animals who come to drink. We were taken care of extremely well. Jackson was a wonderful host and "Doctor" made the most delicious meals for us. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Thank you Prim, Jean, and everyone at Wayo for a truly memorable eight (8) day safari!

Thank you Janine at Serengeti Safari Co. for recommending and arranging Wayo!

For our very first time in Africa, our family (kids 13 and 16) spent eight amazing days on safari, driving and walking with our guide "professor" Prim, as we came to call Prim for his depth and breadth of knowledge of the animals and their surroundings.

Prim was our most amiable host, trusted driver and expert guide on safari from Tarangire, to Lake Manyara, to Ngorongoro Crater to the Serengeti. We always felt safe with Prim as our leader, even when encountering lions, hyenas and elephants on foot during our walking safari in the Serengeti. Prim made sure that we did not go home without seeing all of the animals that we could, including the "big 5", black rhinos, a puff adder, a python and all the gazelles, antelopes, dik-diks, baboons, monkeys, elephants, zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, hyenas, warthogs, lions, cheetahs, leopards, cape buffaloes, hippos, ostriches, and other varieties of birds and animals, more than we could count!

Everyone on staff at Wayo who we met, and those in support who we never had the pleasure to meet, all worked very hard together as a cohesive and seamless team to make sure our safari was truly memorable! We can't thank all of you enough!

Tent accommodations were fantastic! We slept on real beds with fresh sheets and pillows every night. All meals were delicious, expertly prepared and professionally served. We especially savored each cook's favourite, local dishes. We enjoyed the campfires every evening at dusk. After a great day on safari followed by a refreshing, hot and private shower in camp, it was wonderful to enjoy a glass or two of beer or wine and begin to swap stories of the day's adventures and sightings before sitting down to another great dinner.

We want to thank everyone at Wayo for working very hard and so well together to support Prim and allow him to share with us your natural heritage and how best to experience and respect your animals in their natural surroundings.

We wish everyone at Wayo much continued success! We look forward to hopefully seeing all of you again someday

1  Thank GordonHerronFamily