• Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanalbany airportfront deskdunkin donutswolf roadin room coffeereasonable rateswould stay againthird floorwi fiopened the doorshopping and restaurantsconvenient locationnon smokingshuttle servicemotelrri
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Was in town visiting a relative in the hospital for a five-day stay. Initially this place exceeded my expectations (friendly and polite front desk staff, cleanliness, temperature of room). I had never stayed at a Red Roof before and was frankly leery. And the price was great, especially with my room upgrade. The problems began at the weekend (Sat-Sun) with housekeeping. Even if you don't select "full service" housekeeping, the room is supposed to receive a full clean every third day. I checked in Wednesday night so at the latest the room should have been fully cleaned was on Saturday. Not only was the room NOT CLEANED (bathroom fixtures, vacuuming, etc.), but staff only emptied the trash and made up the bed (with the same linen on it). Oh, and of course took the tip that I left. I received no towels or soap either. I went to the Front Desk to ask for towels and made them aware of the situation. The next morning (8 am) I went to the desk and reiterated my request for a full-clean room. I asked for the manager but was told he was not in. When I returned later, the bed did have fresh linen but I did not receive any fresh towels (beyond the one I had fetched myself the day before) or soap. Nor had the room been cleaned AT ALL. The final failure of this place came at checkout Monday morning. I placed the key card on the counter and told the clerk that I was checking out. She barely looked up, grunted, and didn't say goodbye, thank you, NOTHING. That's my parting impression of the RR Inn, Albany. I really wanted to recommend this place but I don't need to put up with attitudes and poor service. There are too many competitors nearby at this price point.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Every time I come to Albany I stayed in different hotels but if you are looking in the $60-$70 range this place is really good
Rooms are clean , free wifi and on wolf road where there are many restaurants and shopping places.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I return every November and March to Albany, NY, my home town with lots of very fond memories, to see my doctors, get my vacation supplies of my prescribed medications, and see family and friends. I have now been staying exclusively at the Red Roof Inn Albany Airport for several years, because the value is excellent, I like the staff, and their service is personal. Whenever I ask for a service not always provided, so long as it is reasonable, they find a way to serve me and always with heart. And because I manage a not-for-profit charity to serve poor families in Asia Pacific, and wherever I come across opportunities to serve those who suffer in any of so many ways, I do my best to help everyone. The room maids in particular at this property are mostly in need of compassionate assistance for themselves and their underprivileged children. So. I work with those who I see need the most help, and our charity serves them to the best of our ability. And whenever I am among those who suffer, I am most happy, because I have become One with those who suffer. In addition, the employees feed, protect and serve an extended grey squirrel family that lives around the Inn in the pine trees. They come to the glass doors of the office, peeking in, hoping to be fed. And now I love them, too. I purchased 10 pounds of peanuts in the shells this visit at the nearby B.J.'s Club store, and left them with the Front Desk. Beautiful Souls both human and squirrel make this Red Roof Inn Albany a must for anyone who loves open hearts and these precious animal creatures (They also welcome dogs). And why pay more with free, hot coffee in the office 24/7/365, and convenient to everywhere in and around Albany? And I always pay a slight upgrade fee for their King Superior Room, which is so great for a Three Star Inn, one never wants to check-out. Kudos to Daniel Shuler, the General Manager, and his devoted Team of very special Spirits & Souls. And by all means, when you come, please bring peanuts in the shells for the squirrel family (5 pound bags sell for just $5.57 at the nearby B.J.'s).

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior King or Twin room on the back side facing the woods with free WiFi .
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a few times, no problems what so ever and the rooms are very nice for the price. Not to mention the woman at the front desk Ebone was very nice and helpful! Plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance also!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our room was attractively updated and immaculate. Convenient location to eateries. This location had nice areas to walk the dog with poop bags and bins provided. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable and although it was near the airport the room was quiet. Since we travel with our dogs or help tranport rescue dogs Red Roof's pet friendly and no charge policies are fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple