All reviews room was clean albany airport front desk dunkin donuts wolf road would stay again third floor wi fi convenient location non smoking shuttle service motel rri microwave clerk mall mattresses
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I return every November and March to Albany, NY, my home town with lots of very fond memories, to see my doctors, get my vacation supplies of my prescribed medications, and see family and friends. I have now been staying exclusively at the Red Roof Inn Albany Airport for several years, because the value is excellent, I like the staff, and their service is personal. Whenever I ask for a service not always provided, so long as it is reasonable, they find a way to serve me and always with heart. And because I manage a not-for-profit charity to serve poor families in Asia Pacific, and wherever I come across opportunities to serve those who suffer in any of so many ways, I do my best to help everyone. The room maids in particular at this property are mostly in need of compassionate assistance for themselves and their underprivileged children. So. I work with those who I see need the most help, and our charity serves them to the best of our ability. And whenever I am among those who suffer, I am most happy, because I have become One with those who suffer. In addition, the employees feed, protect and serve an extended grey squirrel family that lives around the Inn in the pine trees. They come to the glass doors of the office, peeking in, hoping to be fed. And now I love them, too. I purchased 10 pounds of peanuts in the shells this visit at the nearby B.J.'s Club store, and left them with the Front Desk. Beautiful Souls both human and squirrel make this Red Roof Inn Albany a must for anyone who loves open hearts and these precious animal creatures (They also welcome dogs). And why pay more with free, hot coffee in the office 24/7/365, and convenient to everywhere in and around Albany? And I always pay a slight upgrade fee for their King Superior Room, which is so great for a Three Star Inn, one never wants to check-out. Kudos to Daniel Shuler, the General Manager, and his devoted Team of very special Spirits & Souls. And by all means, when you come, please bring peanuts in the shells for the squirrel family (5 pound bags sell for just $5.57 at the nearby B.J.'s).

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior King or Twin room on the back side facing the woods with free WiFi .
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a few times, no problems what so ever and the rooms are very nice for the price. Not to mention the woman at the front desk Ebone was very nice and helpful! Plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance also!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our room was attractively updated and immaculate. Convenient location to eateries. This location had nice areas to walk the dog with poop bags and bins provided. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable and although it was near the airport the room was quiet. Since we travel with our dogs or help tranport rescue dogs Red Roof's pet friendly and no charge policies are fantastic!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stayed overnight for a flight out and needed somewhere near the airport. Read reviews and thought they all liked it and the price was more than nice. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this place was (thank you, previous reviewers!). Room was clean and recently updated, beds were comfy, the neighborhood was good, we were within walking distance of several restaurants. I would stay again!

Room Tip: We stayed first floor no issues.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Very good rates. Room was clean, but floor and rug could use a going over. Even though it's close to the airport, noise wasn't bad at all. In room coffee was great! Every staff member was pleasant and polite.