“Great view, great food!”

Mr. Wayan, Balinese Cuisine
Ranked #58 of 980 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: The restaurant, Mr. Wayan - Balinese Cuisine surrounded by the smell of paddies field, providing real authentic Balinese taste completed by local herbs and spices.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Nice little spot right out of "downtown" ubud, great view of a rice field. The device seas on point too.

Date of visit: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Putu I, Manager at Mr. Wayan, Balinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear STRbaliguy,

We are looking forward to welcome you back “home” again at Mr. Wayan, Balinese Cuisine in near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Where to begin, we ate our way through Bali but were never as happy as when munching here! Honestly the best breakfast i have ever had, whether you are Vegetarian, Vegan or a meat eater there is something for everyone, we didn't get to try lunch as was always out but I heard great things, for dinner treat yourself to room service and make sure you try the Apple Crumble, Mouthwatering!

Dear Carlyrowena,

Thank you very much for taking time to write great reviews about our restaurant on Tripadvisor. We all glad to know your dining was memorable one and your reviews have been shared to all of our staff.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We spent two weeks travelling round Bali during our honeymoon and the food selection was vast and extremely tasty!! Id go back tomorrow for their beef stroganoff :)

Dear Leonbusty,

Thank you very much for taking time to write great reviews about our restaurant on Tripadvisor. We all glad to know our food meeting your expectation.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant and were surprised we were the only guests there. They serve Balinese food that any with a western origin can eat. Nice atmosphere and beautiful view. Take a taxi from Ubud and out. Worth the time.

Date of visit: June 2017
Putu I, Manager at Mr. Wayan, Balinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Aleksander N,

Thank you very much for taking time to write great reviews about our restaurant on Tripadvisor. We all glad to know your visit was memorable one and our food meeting your expectation.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend for everyone who want to try the traditional Balinese food in Ubud.

My Mum is a vegetarian but she was so delightful to have her breakfast and dinner at Mr Wayan restaurant during our stay at Wapa Di Ume. I am not vegetarian but I was impressed with the food by This restaurant.

Special recommended cuisine from Mr Wayan restaurant:
1)Serombotan( vegetable with spicy spice and toasted Grated coconut), Super !
2)Buah kacangMekalas(Long bean with coconut milk)
3) Bebeh Mengoreng (fried duck with spices and rice)
4) Mei Goreng
5) Nasi Gurih
And many more !

The staff at Mr Wayan restaurant were attentive and kind to assist my mum request. Highly compliment to Mdm Septik, Mdm Arik , Mr Suatika and another one male staff(sorry I did not able to get your name) ,all of them are very attentive and remembered my mum's special request!
The below descriptions were based on our encounters with the Mr Wayan restaurant staff:

1)One of the male staff (sorry I did not manage to get your name), went extra mile to get Wapa Bread(sticky rice cake) for my mum's breakfast! We were very impressed from the first day!
2)To our surprise, Mdm Arik even able to remember my mum's favourite Wapa bread for her breakfast! Thanks Mdm Arik for being so warm during our stay at Wapa Di Ume.
3) For Mdm Septik, we really like your great smile and good recommendation for the food!

I really appreciated all the staff who rendered their best services to me and my mum during my 4 nights stay at Wapa Di Ume.

Besides that ,the view from the restaurant was superb! Refer to the photos attached! Price was reasonable!

Keep it up the good work!

Date of visit: May 2017
Putu I, Manager at Mr. Wayan, Balinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Ms. Low and Mama,

Thank you very much for stayed with us during holiday in Bali and appreciate for taking time to write great reviews about our restaurant on Tripadvisor.

We are happy our service meeting your expectation to cater all your mama requirements during dining at our restaurant and your reviews have been shared to all of our staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you and family back “home” again at Mr. Wayan, Balinese Cuisine in near future.

With Best Regards,