“Literally the best food I had in Bali, Gili or Lombok!”

Maha Bar/Restaurant
Ranked #217 of 894 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Seriously the best food I've had in Indonesia (and I've struggled in many many places!) Huge recommendations-you can't go wrong with Indonesian or Thai food! Or the Balinese starter plate with their tapas! Oh wow! Go for it cause it tastes great!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Monkey Forest. The beers were pretty cheap as was all the food. We ordered the Indonesian tapas plate, which was pretty good. He had fried noodles that he really liked- they are really spicy! I had a papaya salad and it was average. The service was quick and friendly!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Every time we stay in ubud, the maha is one of our first stops each day. The service is always friendly, drinks are always cold, and the added convenience of an honest moneychanger on site, will definitely be back next year

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

It's a trendy place with good music and reusable straws; however, if you're looking for good food, I suggest another place.
My veggie burger was tasteless; the fried rice was greasy; and the chicken schnitzel sandwich was stale and dry. I don't think I'll try anything else.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stopped here on our way into Ubud. It's a cute cafe with a quaint garden where you can choose to sit. The food is cheap but the quality is very average. Wasn't happy to discover mouse droppings all over the sink in the bathroom after I'd finished eating. I know it's in the mountains, but that is a complete turn-off! The frozen sugar cane juice was very refreshing.