“Cooking class”

Beras Bali Cooking
Ranked #20 of 43 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: WELCOME TO BERAS BALI COOKING CLASS Enjoying the Balinese way of cooking can be a wonderful thing to experience. During your visit to the “island of the gods”, In DPR / Beras Bali Private cooking Class we would like the opportunity to teach you how to make Balinese food. We have place located in Laplapan village. our class are conducted in a traditional Balinese kitchen that is typical Balinese
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely cooking class in a nice atmosphere with tasty food. Started visiting a local market (not the touristic one) and than off to the place of the cooking class in the middle of the rice fields. Good explanation of making the basic and different dishes. And at the end of course tasting everything.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

AMAZING staff, delicious food prepared from natural ingredients. Can cater to meat eaters, vegetarians, minus gluten, oil or dairy etc. Cater to requests and you can also visit the market if you choose with the host to explain ingredients. Excellent English speakers, beautiful rice paddy views, authentic cooking on flames, knowledgable and will explain medicinal properties of food. Delicious spice combinations!! And extra food to take home.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This is my first time attending a cooking class! I had a wonderful time and learnt soooooo much!!! I was on my way to ubud from the airport today, and browsing the google map to look for something fun to do near my hotel and I found Beras Bali Cooking. I am so glad I found this place!

The owner responded my whatsapp quickly. Pick up on time. Very well organized. I was the only person to attend the class, and they still treated my seriously and provided everything! I spent 3 hours there, cooked 8 dishes! The staff were super friendly and attentive. They tell you everything and teach you so much about Balinese cuisine. It was so much food that I could not finish them all!

Haha. Although with the help of the staff, I still couldn’t believe myself cooked a buffet!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

The cooking class was very well organized and I really enjoyed my time there. The visit to the local market was very interesting and we learned a lot. Even though I've spend a lot of time in SEA already I got some new information.
The cooking itself was amazing. The staff was very organized and managed our little group perfectly. We were super lucky and were only a group of 2 people and still did the regular plan, as they do with every group. After the cooking we enjoyed the great self made food. There was plenty to eat (8 dishes plus two sauces) and we sadly couldn't make it all.
The cooking place is lokated in a beautiful surrounding of rice fields. The atmosphere was really charming.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We were in Ubud with our 3 teens and wanted to do a cooking class. Got lucky and stumbled upon Made and his class. Made picked us up and took us back to an open air kitchen in his family's own rice fields. Great instruction including from his young daughter. Food was excellent and Made is very knowledgeable and interesting. One of the highlights of our trip. Would recommend and would do again. Just bought the ingredients to make the "basic" here at home.