“Delicious :)”
Review of White Ginger

White Ginger
Ranked #326 of 953 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Description: A locally owned restaurant serving tasteful local and Asian cuisine with cozy atmosphere and affordable price.
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Myself and she who must be obeyed (sometimes) went here for dinner in early March 2018. Pleasantly surprised by the decor and the ambiance! Charming but with a rustic feel. The staff were very friendly and attentive - asked our names and remembered them :) (That's always a plus). For starters i just had to try the Flautas- crispy tortilla's with sardines. And WOW! Yummy yummy yummy!! If I am ever in Ubud again (even just passing through) I will be stopping off just so I can have some again!!! My partner had the Spring Rolls (a favorite of hers lol) which she tells me were extremely tasty.... I did wonder why she didn't let me taste one??? For mains I had the Crispy Duck, and was immediately sent to foodie heaven. The taste, the texture, the flavors were perfect!!! My dearly beloved had the Thai Fried Rice and once again wouldn't let me have a taste - too busy eating it lol. Lots of flavor, not too spicy, and a perfect serving size. After such a feast we were stuffed, but had to have the Black Rice Pudding, and were glad we did! Every mouthful once again was a delight to our tastebuds!!!
Please see our attached photo's showing the menu and most of our meal (sorry - no Black Rice Pudding pics - too busy eating lol)
If you are in Ubud we both highly recommend stopping into White Ginger for an extremely tasty and filling meal.

2  Thank MarkH201

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We ate breakfast here over four days as we were saying at the attached Sapodilla Hotel. We also had a lunch and an evening meal. All were excellent, and good value. The wide breakfast choices include Indonesian, Balinese, Western, vegetarian and gluten-free, with internal options in each, and servings are generous, starting with a fresh fruit platter and fresh juices. We also enjoyed their green curry, lumpia and gado gado.. All good. Sit at the front overlooking a small fountain and the road, or take a back seat near the window with leafy outlook. Open plan kitchen. Service is efficient and food is delivered with a smile.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner here for many days while staying at Sapodilla. The food is great and the staff are even better. I had a variety of options off each menu and all were really of a good standard. Loved the ice coffee and ginger chocolate biscuits they were yummy. The sesame chicken and salad was great. All the breakfast options ( and there is a fair few) were really good and substantial. Nothing was too much for the staff they are so accommodating. Loved the spring rolls, I highly recommend white ginger.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We live near Ubud and choose a restaurant every day for lunch. Since we found this lovely place a few weeks ago we have been back often and have always been delighted . I have tried all the seafood selections at least once and found them to be perfectly prepared with interesting seasoning and very well matched vegetable side dishes and My wife is a meat eater and loves the ribs, served with veggies and grilled pineapple. The seafood crokettas (sp?)are absolutely wonderful and are served with a really nice home-made tartar sauce. The service is welcoming and attentive, and we feel at home there now after a few lovely visits. Highly recommended, maybe we will see you there!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

When we were walking to the City Center, we passed this place and decided to try what they have to offer. I must say the place didn't disappoint. They really have good food and very accommodating staff. The place is really cute and is a great spot for people watching and just hanging out and just chill.

Been to White Ginger? Share your experiences!