All reviews other guests communal breakfast table home away from home like coming home free transport rooms are large small hotel have stayed here many times ten minute walk boutique hotel hidden away busy road wonderful stay thoroughly enjoyed our stay peace and quiet family holiday each morning
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I recently spent a wonderfully relaxing week at Pondok Ayu in Sanur. There are only 5 rooms, arranged around a pool, and the atmosphere is very informal and friendly. The rooms are large, with every possible amenity - even a night light in the bathroom. The staff are all very helpful and obliging. The hotel is a short drive away from the shops and restaurants, but Gede the hotel's driver is very obliging about dropping guests off and picking them up again. Breakfast is taken around a large table so guests who wish to mingle can do so and if not, you can just wait until the dining room is free. Most days I stayed at the hotel for lunch as well, so I could dip in and out of the pool all day, then in the evening I went down to Sanur to try one of the many different styles of restaurants.
When my week was up, Gede drove me to the airport but all flights to Australia had been cancelled due to Mt Agung erupting again. I rang the hotel in a panic, but they were very kind and reassuring, so back I went and ended up staying another 5 nights until I could fly home again. This really wasn't a hardship for me, and it was such a relief that they were able to accommodate me on a day by day basis, I was very grateful for their kindness.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank vandg_11
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

A lovely little find in Sanur. It is away from the main part of Sanur but Gede is happy to drop off and pick up.

A real family run place which is intimate and cosy but I wouldn’t call it a boutique hotel. The room was basic, as was the bathroom. Beds fairly comfortable. Not the best.

Beautiful grounds and lovely little pool. There is a deep end so bear in mind if travelling with little children.

Food was great! Service with a smile always.

I love my boutique small hotels and I think with a few changes this would be boutique!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here many times over the last 8 years. Never fails to be a wonderful experience. Relaxing, peaceful with beautiful surrounds and always gorgeous helpful staff. Thanks yet again for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wife and I have been to Bali many times over the years. This was our first stay at Pondok Ayu, and it is a place we can highly recommend.
The staff is friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to the very large suite, which was a wonderful, unexpected treat. Pondok Ayu is very clean and well kept.
As other have mentioned, Pondok Ayu is not near the beach, but Pak Gede and Pak Ketut were always available to give us a ride to restaurants or the beach and to pick us up again.
We are glad we found Pondok Ayu!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We stayed at Pondok Ayu for 9 days. It started with Gede picking us up at the airport with a smile and a friendly welcome, which continued through to the welcome we received when arriving at Pondok Ayu from the other staff.

Pondok Ayu is a small 5 roomed hotel with the pool as it's central focus. The grounds are extremely well kept as is the pool. Our room was large, light and airy and was very clean and well presented. The air conditioning was also nice and cool

As pointed out when booking Pondok Ayu, it is away from Sanur beach and you do need to cross a busy road to get to the beach should you choose to walk. We walked to Sanur beach every day and had Ketut drive us there when we went out for dinner. When Ketut dropped us we would organise a time and place to pick us up from and he would be there on time every time. Ketut was also my guru for learning Indonesian. . The pick up drop off service is offered as part of our stay.at Pondok Ayu.

The hotel is located at the end of a very well kept lane with a minimart close by. We didn't have an issue with the location as the pool, gardens and room are so relaxing. All of the Pondok Ayu staff are fantastic and very friendly. Breakfast is freshly cooked while you wait and, should you choose to eat during the day / evening there is a well priced select menu which is also freshly cooked.

We had a really relaxing stay here and really enjoyed it. We are already looking at booking next year. Thank you to everyone at Pondak Ayu for making our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool. They have an amazing king suite but all rooms are light, airy and very clean
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple