“Lunch ”
Review of Coco Bistro

Coco Bistro
Ranked #85 of 1,112 Restaurants in Kuta
Description: At rear of Discovery Shopping Mall.
Description: At rear of Discovery Shopping Mall.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just had our lunch here which was ok not the best we’ve had in Bali. However, our waiter and waitress were very friendly, pleasant and welcoming. We asked for the bill and was just working out a tip when we noticed a 10% service charge had already been added, shame as our tip would have been more.
We wouldn’t return here or recommend purely due to the service charge being added.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We opted for the Seafood BBQ Grilled Platter which was about $52AUD. Small lobster, Small mud crab, 2 x squid on a skewer, 2 x small cuts of tuna, 2 x bbq shrimp, 2 x clams, and a small butterflied fish...unsure of type with a serve of fresh salad and an accompanying plate with steamed rice and satay vegetables.
Also we were supplied with a complementary free juice.
Unfortunatly was not planning on being out and was camera and cell phone free so I could of share the 5 trip to Bali and Kuta region in 2 years first time I’ve been to the the Coco Bisto having spied it after a casual stroll through Discovery Mall.
We opted for the Seafood BBQ Grilled Platter which was about $52AUD. Small lobster, Small mud crab, on a skewer, 2 x small cuts of tuna, 2 bbq shrimp, 2 clams, and a small butterflied fish...unsure of type with a serve of fresh salad and an accompanying plate with steamed rice and satay vegetables.
Also we were supplies with a complementary free juice.
Unfortunatly was not planning on being out and was camera free with no cell phones or cameras on us to share the amazing serving presentation.
The staff here as in most of the cafes and restaurants in Kuta I have encountered were amazing and ready to serve at the earliest sign you might need attention.
I also ordered a pitcher of Bintang which I found to be horribly flat.
The salad was served first and was fresh, waiter assured was washed in safe water with a lovely zesty dressing. Next came the rice plate with the satay vegetables.
The main meal arrived with amazing presentation. Spread out on a large wooden plate on a bed of banana leaves.
We went straight into the squid which we both found undercooked but the lovely sauce made up for this. The clams were amazing similar to a oyster kilpatrick, and the prawns opened and bbq with a rich charcoal flavour. The tuna was a white flesh and coated in the bbq sauce which completed its flavours. The fish coated in their bbq sauce was cooked perfectly and separated straight of the bones and skeleton. Found the Lobster was quite small and over cooked....... in Australia would be enough to have your boat impounded if fisheries found such a small lobster on board, and I felt quite guilty and wish I had asked sizing before I before I ordered.
We finally got to the mud crab.
Hard to explain this. The claws and legs where totally mushed both full of water and no edible meat inside any of the claws or legs it appeared to of been possible cooked twice...but the body of the crab was way undercooked and still quite clear and undercooked.
I called one of the staff over and showed her the crab flesh. She immediately looked at it and offered to replace it. I thanked her but politely said no.
When I paid the bill they kindly took a percentage off the final price.
The crab and squid where highly disappointing but overall I am more than happy to return to try some other items on the wonderfull looking menu as we can all have a bad day.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We were in Bali Ubud and we had dinner at coco bistro and the food was amazing !
They even have a proper kids menu ! With starters, soups , mains and deserts ! Its very cool ! The food was good. The music and the service was great too!
We were in nusa dua a few days later and we had lunch and dinner there ! Never disappointed ! Great cocktails too!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Our first meal in Bali was in Coco Bistro which was absolutely delicious and memorable.

The staff were friendly providing superlative and quick guest service. The food itself was just amazing and absolutely delicious. It made us fall in love with the Indonesian cuisine.

The restaurant was also located at a great location at the back entrance of the mall facing the ocean.

Would recommend this venue to anybody who visits Bali and is feeling peckish for a lovely lunch/dinner. The prices were relatively decent as well and definitely worth the quality of the food!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Great food in a great location overseeing the beach. Staff were helpful and attentive and food quality was good with reasonable prices. Nice seating area outside too.

CocoBistroCentro, Manager at Coco Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Shamma111

Warm greeting from Coco Bistro Kuta,

Thank you for the time to share 5 - star review on our trip advisor page.
We're very happy for the satisfaction when you're in our restaurant.
We always welcome to every single one to service them with our signature hospitality in Coco Bistro, hopefully could see you again for the future at the same place and more amazing memories with us.
Have a wonderful day.