“Cold and Bad. No flexibility on orders.”
Review of La Place Airside

La Place Airside
Ranked #772 of 1,332 Restaurants in Denpasar
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Was waiting to meet up with a friend before our flight out of Bali and decided this would be an easy meeting spot as it is easily visible right at the front of the international terminal. Asked the staff if I could wait for my friend to arrive before ordering, and they were extremely rude and pushy about me ordering something to sit at one of their open 30 tables. I was more or less the only one there, but ordered a coffee anyways. Coffee was about 60k, or $5. Bitter for even Bali standard, but I probably would have ignored it if the rest of my experience were fine.

Friend arrived and we ordered the Flatbread pizza because it was the only food reasonably priced (only 2x normal Bali prices so the only thing I considered to be standard airport price).

I asked for light mozzarella as I was trying to limit cheese consumption before a long flight. The staff was pretty adamant that they couldn't make changes making me think they don't make anything fresh. Pizza came out and was barely lukewarm when I got it, making me comfortable in that assessment.

Hands down worst dining in Bali or an airport I've ever had.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I was on my way out of bali when i stopped at this resturant for some food. Food quality was good. Service was great. A young lad called dwk served me, very friendly and welcoming. He is a credit to the business.

AutogrillHMSHost, Manajer Hubungan Tamu at La Place Airside, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Rahul P,

Thank you for leaving us a good review. I am also happy to hear that we provided you with the comfort food you were seeking for before boarding, and our friendly staff, who is indeed a credit of our business, Dwik was of a highlight for you.
Rahul, we are waiting for your return to La Place Bali Airport whenever you are in Bali.

Norma W Marketing Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Bought pan falafel cold from one side in La Place Airsidey , airport Bali. Indonesia. after the request
19 apr 2018 07:09 am

AutogrillHMSHost, Manager at La Place Airside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear oleg161967,

Thank you for reviewing La Place, without your honest opinion we would not be able to improve our services.

First of all on behalf of all of us at La Place, I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience you had at our venue.
I believe there might have been some communication issues between you and our staff and once again we are sorry about this. I would like to clarify some of the issues you have addressed:

Was the concern the falafel is cold or the sandwich itself ? Normally the sandwich itself isn't usually toasted unless there is some specific request from the customer.

I do hope I have clarified the situation. We will also be conducting an internal investigation and a follow up staff meeting to refresh the level of customer service and standard operational procedures.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to change your first impression.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Three out of the four meals that came out were decent but one was hideous, a Chicken and brie sandwich that came out on stale and broken bread. The fries are pretty bad (especially at $8 a pop!) But the Burger and other two flat bread sandwiches were good enough to finish. Overall not great, but not terrible

AutogrillHMSHost, Manager at La Place Airside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Austin B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are pleased to know you liked the burger and sandwiches at La Place. As for your feedback in terms of chicken & brie sandwich - it will be passed onto our staff to prevent this case not happened again in the future with continual refresh training and we do apologize we didn't meet your expectations.

Once again, sorry about that and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

All in all, I have passed your feedback onto our staff and we will be working to resolve the issues.

Thank you for taking time to review us.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Arriving at Bali airport well before our flight, I wanted a snack. We had checked-in and were airside and decided to dine at La Place. I ordered the Wagyu Burger which was around AUD$25. The burger was actually very nice and the side of fries were good too. The brioche bun was fresh. To be fair, it was a very good burger and I have no complaints on the quality or freshness. My only criticism was that it was very overpriced. Keep in mind too, this is cafeteria style dining where you order at the counter, so don't expect restaurant service.

Dear thespgtraveler,

Thank you for being our recent guest at La Place & taking the time to share your dining experience.
We are glad that you enjoyed the juicy wagyu beef burger with sweet buttery brioche bun which we take pride on that all time favorites.
The team will be very pleased to read this. We will review the others for our future improvements.

We would love to see you again when you are back in Bali.
Hope you enjoyed your holiday.