Open today: 9:30 am - 8:00 pm
City of good life walk (South Varanasi Walk)

Book in advance
from
HK$240.57
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Roobaroo Walks
from HK$240.57
More Info
from HK$240.57
More Info
All reviews food walk walking tour food tour street food narrow lanes ancient city next morning early morning stories tours culture banaras storytelling gems knowledge india sunrise
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2018

Aayush and Sudarshan were very prompt with information as we planned our tour with Roobaroo. They were exceptionally helpful in making sure that we were all able to fully enjoy the tour, including making special arrangements for an elderly member of our family.

1  Thank Ingrid S
Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

The best way to explore the beautifully chaotic city of Varanasi is on foot. Roobaroo walking tour makes this possible with extremely insightful and knowledgeable tour guides like Sudarshan. He takes immense pride in his city, its history and its culture and he captured our imagination with his great story telling. He was also super fun and delightful to hang out with and great to converse with. Also, they mean it when they say they are well versed in English. All in all a wonderful experience. I highly recommended this tour.

P.S: He was cute too ;)

Reviewed 24 November 2018

Our experience with roobaroo walks was very good. they were very responsive in terms of the booking procedure. The guide was fluent in conversation and also had good knowledge about the history of the city and the various ghats by the river ganges. Ending with the Ganga Aarti, the tour was a complete must do Will reco roobaroo to friends

Reviewed 23 November 2018

What better way to get to know a city than taking a walk with someone who visibly loves the city and her ways - and one as ancient as Varanasi. I'am glad that I got to go on this walk that was led by Saurabh. We met at Assi Ghat and Saurabh at 06:30 to watch the sunrise and have some of the best chai that I have ever had (Thanks to Saurabh's suggestion - I kept going back to that Chaiwalla everyday of my 10 day visit). Then he took us around and showed us places and told us stories.

Credit must be given here to Saurabh for balancing out a reasonably well-read Indian (Me) and a Western couple who probably did not as much. At no point of the tour did I feel it was boring as Saurabh went about telling stories from the epics that I was familiar with. He was able to cater adequately to both of us.

We did the tour of South Varanasi (I will not list out all that he showed us because that is adequately explained in the itinerary) and finished it off with amazing Varanasi Breakfast that Saurabh got us.

What I really appreciated was the fact that I could text Saurabh for suggestions around Varanasi for the rest of my trip there too and he was more than happy to help.

So I would recommend this tour and hope other cities too come up with similar efforts.

1  Thank 435selvas
Reviewed 22 November 2018

Excellent tours and fantastic guide. Sudarshan gave us a lot of interesting and useful information about Varanasi. He knows the city and its history and culture very well. Also he was very supportive and patient, helping us with all our needs. These tours made our travel worth it!