“Great Place To People Watch”

Cafe Royale At ClockTower
Ranked #1 of 438 Restaurants in Jodhpur
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Description: Situated in the heart of Jodhpur is the iconic Clock Tower, also known as "Ghantaghar' by the locals To this beautiful market, Cafe Royale presents its first cafe. Bringing to the heart of Jodhpur, a remarkable Coffee and Tea experience in addition to a variety of delectable snacks, beverages and desserts mingling with local flavours and international standards.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We visited Cafe Royale twice during our stay in Jodhpur. It is a great place to rest, get a drink and people watch for an hour. Service was excellent and the owner very friendly and helpful. On both occasion we visited the owner sat with us for half an hour to chat.
The cafe can be very busy and we found ourselves sitting at seats with no shade, within minutes the owner brought out large parasols to our table to provide shade. There is a good selection of drinks at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Cafe Frappe was sooo delicious. Staffs were super friendly and good location(close to clocktower and market) to take some rest.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Came for a quick bite midday. I had the Café Frappe and a toasted cheese and tomato sammie.

If you’re wondering what a Rhode Island coffee milk is like, this is that. How convenient.

The grilled cheese was panini marked and possibly my new favorite! I loved the special sauce on the side. Western flavored. HP sauce inspired.

1  Thank Iratdog
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Anyone who has visited Jodhpur knows that the Clock tower is actually the centre of the city of Jodhpur and this cafe is located just on the perfect location. food was ordinary. the ambiance was nice.

2  Thank AnkushS375
Reviewed 17 April 2018

This great cafe is situated right by the Clocktower in Jodhpur. The seating is mostly outside and it's a great place to sit, have some lovely food and drink and watch the people in the local market.

The place opens around 9am until about 8pm. It's a fabulous place for breakfast before heading up to the Fort or just to chill over a coffee and some food during the day.

The food was superb (I tried the Cheese Pav and the Vada Pav) and the coffee and fruit juices were the best I've had in India.

All of this, whilst a great reason to go here, pales into insignificance compared to the real reason you must come here. That's the fantastic family who own and run this little gem. I didn't get to meet the father (Sukesh) but the mother (Anita) and her two sons (Nimish and Hrithik) get my vote for the Nicest People in India.

They're genuinely lovely people, very chatty and packed full of genuinely interesting information about Jodhpur and India.

I've never met people in the service industry more deserving of generous tips but on my first visit they refused my tip. On my second visit I asked why they don't take tips and they told me that they had heard so many bad stories from travellers about waiters assuming they'd be tipped and even refusing to give change, that they decided never to accept tips.

So visit this place, visit again, and instead of tipping, just buy a drink or two more or an extra bite to eat.

To Cafe Royale, thank you so much for your hospitality, your friendliness and your amazing food and drink. I shall return.

1  Thank AlanW3342