“Just a another tourist ”
Review of Orion Skywings

Orion Skywings
and 1 more site!
Orion Skywings
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed just over the road at the christville homestay where I felt very welcome with a greeting drink and nice conversation with the hosts on arrival. I returned to fort Cochin but couldn't get a room at christville so opted for here.

It's not that I didn't feel welcome but it's so much more personable across the road. I was given the wrong room key in a rush and spent ages messing about with it till I realised and had to buzz for help, they turned my ac off at the mains when I went out and again I spent ages (whilst sweating) messing about trying to get it to work before I had to buzz for help! It's front door is shut after ten pm and although I wasn't planning a late night the thought of having to buzz them for the third time to get in was disappointing. And now the plug socket next to my bed is faulty so I can't charge my phone and use it at the same time. They are small things to complain about in a way but I was much happier across the road. The location is great and they know tourists will keep coming and that's kind of how I feel about my stay! I'll sign off now at 5% battery!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 April 2016

We stayed 2 nights in this lovely home-stay. Rooms were good with AC and balcony. The manager, Hari was very helpful and kind and did everything to make our stay comfortable.
Would recommend this place to everyone looking for an affordable, safe and comfortable place in Kochi. Hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2016

stayed at this homestay ,we stayed there for nine days, were very well looked after . hari the owner was very helpful in helping us in many ways. the room was spotless, cleaned every other day with new bedsheet and towels . no problem with mosquitoes, beautiful balcony . the maid was very friendly. location was very good 10 mins walk to beach . local shopping. and many restaurants recommend to all very reasonable rates . thank you hari. if we come again we will definitely stay at your place . god bless you and your family.

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor with access to front garden
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay for a couple of nights. The room is clean and has a balcony. The second night we took AC as it was such a hot day but it is possible to sleep well without. The guy at the reception is helpful and nice.
He made an appointment for us at an ayurverda salon and we payed a lot money but at the end it was just a non so good oil massage which was very disappointing.
Would definitely come back as it was a quiet and comfortable stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2016

Our stay at Orion Skywings was the last place we stay at in over 2 months traveling around India. We had a standard A/C room and it hit the spot. The room was spacious and clean with a nice small balcony, which was the perfect hang out spot in the warm, late afternoon. The bathroom was also spacious and clean, well lit and they provided soap and towels, not to mention toilet paper! It was great value for the price! The only thing I would warn is that there are two locations of this property and THIS on, Skywings, isn't a large home with a spacious yard, it is more of a condo.

The staff was even better though and having stayed at many hotels, guesthouses and homestays, I can say that a good host makes it all! The staff was very friendly, welcoming and professional. They helped us book Kathakali tickets (the theater is 5 minutes walk away!) and advised us on how and when to reach the airport, among answering other inquiries. The breakfast was good too!

I highly recommend staying here. Its well located, has a great staff and clean, spacious rooms with a balcony. There's not much more you could want!

Room Tip: Wifi is only really accessible downstair in the lobby, so try to get a lower room if this matters to...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple