See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2016

As I've titled it,this property is on the main Road with no parking and my car was parked on the road next to a pan shop...which was very unclean...nobody to take care of the car...I was worried throughout the stay of 2 days....Service was pathetic and very limited breakfast and no one to attend room service or calls...never again..

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 26 November 2015

No wi-fi , House of mosquito, In complementary break fast --no choice only one item, If poori /crud --they will serve only three pooris, if you ask for fourth one you have to pay from pocket.
There is no A/C switch in the room, one can not adjust the cooling from the room have to inform the counter. If you are coming around 11 pm,no light in gallery, you have to call the counter.
In bath room --low quality Toiletries---- only for name sake.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Goan food in Hyderabad is very rare and is most loved by me. Since La Calypso is the only option I know, I often drop in to savour the same. I have visited the place quite sometime now and tried many options in the Goan offerings.

Xacuti and Vindaloo are the most common and almost always available. However, I found the vindaloo excessively spicy and very pungent usage of red chillis (paste or powder) which will surely burn your tongue and make it uncomfortable for you. Xacuti is milder and tastes better. Though I personally would not compare the taste with food available in Goa, been there 4 times. However, it does act as a supplement for the Goan craving. The availability of all the offerings in the Goan menu is a challenge due to lack of availability of raw materials. Their Indian affair is also great specially the kababs and tandoori. They have stopped the English breakfast they used to serve due to lack of availability.

On the service part, they are slow and very lowly staffed which makes it difficult incase a large crowd turns up. There has been a management change recently and service levels have dropped on my last visit though I was the only one present during that time. They need to have more prompt and attentive service staff to cater to the customer.

It has a great ambiance for a casual date or a small get together. The greens and the lawns are quite charming. However the location might be a little back tracker for people who are not quite familiar with the place. This being a fine dining restaurant, the prices are quite high compared to the target audience.

Overall, I do recommend you to try it once only if you can't control the craving. It has a real potential but need to rework on their strategy.

#HyderabadFoodies

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Some of my friends are really fond of this place and on their recommendations I visited this place on a quiet evening and to have a quick lunch. So there was not much crowd. But I did not like the crowd in bar area which is in basement. Regular restaurant is good. Drinks are cheap here and food is good. I liked some aloo palak sabzi which we ordered. It tasted heavenly. Other items like Paneer lababdar and dal tadka was also good. I was really liked their roti basket. So it's an average place where you can hop to have a good regular dinner. Nothing great about the ambience but food is price worthy.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2014

My weekend stay in La Calypso was surprise and refreshing soon I entered the hotel. The hotel is 10-15 mins distance from Hafeezpet MMTS railway station. It is good location to stay and roam around the Hi-Tech City from hotel. They have good outdoor seating, Glass door eatery restaurant and basement bar cum restaurant.

Through out the stay, they have good response on room service, cleanliness, food quality etc. Rooms are small in area with queen size bed or two single bed which leave no big space for walk. Nevertheless, the sleep quality you get from amenity is relaxing after day out activities.

Date of stay: December 2014