“Best Sharm Fine Dining”

Il Frantoio Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 338 Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I and our business partner had dinner here during our five nights in Sharm El Sheik.

We had some great meals and experiences across our five days, but for foodies who really love a great fine dining experience, this was the pinnacle in the context of fine dining.

We dined on the terrace under the stars well after sunset. The view of the Four Seasons Gardens was stunning and the tables were large and well spaced.

The service was excellent with a high ratio of service staff to diners, and far better trained than average for Egypt.

The wine list was extensive and had some great wines. We enjoyed a beautiful Tuscan Sangiovese.

The food wad truly delightful. I had the Gnocchi ripieni - homemade filled gnocchi with tomato hazelnut pesto and seared prawns to start, which was beautifully presented and very tasty. For main course I had Filetto di manzo - Australian beef tenderloin, green bean cassoulet and smoked polenta, which was beautifully prepared and melt in the mouth.

This restaurant is within the grounds of the Four Seasons resort. We were staying in another resort, and got a van to take us here and it was worth the trip.

My wife and I run small exclusive tours to Egypt a couple of times a year. We will be back with our groups to share this experience.

The prices were very reasonable for the quality of food, service, and venue.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 24 April 2017

great food , great resort , great times. enjoyed the pizza here and the sharm atmosphere. if you are staying in the hotel you must go here

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Probably one of the best restaurants ever. I live in Los Angeles, California and its hard to impress me with food (taste & presentation) since I really tried it all, but this place truly exceeded my expectations and my budget lol but its so worth it. Definitely will revisit them again next year.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I had the pleasure to eat at Il Francois not once but twice last two weeks ago. The first night the food was so good I was compelled to return a second time!

The first evening they were having a Trattoria buffet evening and I was able to try a vast number of items that are on their regular menu and several more that were not. The extra items were served table side and were all delicious.

The second night I enjoyed a number of selections from the menu....all amazing.

The only thing better than the food was the service. The staff were all very attentive and the management team visited the table to ensure that everything was going well.

I should mention that on my second visit, which was four nights after the first one, the manager fretted me at the door by name...he remembered me and that made the experience that much better and made me feel like a valued guest. I highly recommend you try this place!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Lovely food all freshly prepared, in fact you can ask for anything and if they can oblige they will. The service is impeccable (same as throughout the whole resort) and the setting in the courtyard is lovely and relaxing. AMAZING deserts as well.

Date of visit: April 2016