“Very good seafood, lively place, wide menu choice”
Review of Fares Seafood

Fares Seafood
Ranked #40 of 338 Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ate at Fares on Sunday 25 March, it was pretty crowded but we found a table without reservation. We had fried clams, lobster soup, shrimp tajine, squid fajita
and something to drink. Included in our dishes we had the typical egyptian bread and five different types of dressing, I remember only 2 of them, hummus and the pink crab one. How delicious everything was! In particular I loved my shrimp tajine, so savoury and tasty, just a bit spicy, crunchy shrimps. Bread was fragrant, soft and warm, the best ever tried during my holiday in Sharm. Dressings were simply super. Lobster soup was also surprisingly good. On the contrary, I wasn't totally convinced by the squid fajita, tasting somehow boring after all. The fish fry wasn't anything special either, squids were a bit chewy. The service was fast and smart. Overall our dinner was fantastic, and cheap too (we spend around euro 25). Finally I adored the lively atmosphere of this place, in the heart of the Old Market. You have to visit it!

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It us a good fish restaurant but not up to the great expectations of its reputation... it is very commercial and though staff is good.... would not recommend if you really want a good fish meal .... it is expensive compared to the quality of meal offered ...

The Genena mall where it is located has a good shopping area and a nice show that starts every night at 9 but yoh better reserve once you arrive ... the waiters at Fares are helpful and serve for you...

I would not recommend Fares if you want a good tasty meal .... especially if you are taking a group or family with you ...

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 5MOMCairo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Every time when I have a trip to Sharm, i enjoy very very tasty and fresh meal in this place. Delightful!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

the best restaurant in sharm elshaik making sea food
the only one who has fresh fish
the prices is reasonable

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Well the grilled fish I ordered was magnificent. The calamari and shrimp salad was exquisite. But that's all the positive things in this place.
I say place because this shouldn't be called a restaurant.
1. It is very dirty.
2. Waiters were in chaos, shouting and moving around like crazy and not delivering orders until many reminders are set.
3. Cats filled the place and no body bothered by them.
4. Apetizers are terrible.
5. Staff asking bluntly for tips even when one use the toilette.

I have no idea why it is considered one of the best fish restaurants in Sharm.
Sad.