“Amazing day in Cairo!”
Review of Sharm Excursions

Sharm Excursions
Ranked #18 of 261 Tours in Sharm El Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Egypt with Sharm' s favourite tour operator. We've been operating since 1998 and over the years have taken thousands of customers to see the amazing sights of Egypt.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As I was travelling in a group of 3 20-something year old girls, I was quite nervous about what our time in busy Cairo would be like. I had no reason to be anxious about the tour with Egypt Excursions as everything happened as they said it would; a rep came to the hotel the night before to take the payment and talk me through what I needed to take, but still I felt a little apprehensive! As soon as we arrived at Cairo airport and we met our tour guide for the day, Mahmoud, my nerves were gone. Mahmoud was funny, so helpful, very knowledgable and I felt at ease in Cairo and able to enjoy my day. And what a great day it was! Mahmoud and his wonderful driver took us to see so many hot spots of the fun and historic city and he did a wonderful job at stopping us being ‘hassled’ by street sellers etc. He was very protective of his group of 3 20-somethings and we all felt safe! Mahmoud has an incredible knowledge about the artefacts in the Egyptian museum and I learnt a lot, it was great to see Tutankhamen’s mask inside the museum. My highlight of the day has to be riding a camel by the pyramids (Mahmoud suggested the best one to do and he was not wrong!) Overall, we were really really happy with our amazing day trip and had lots of fun. I really recommend this company who were cheaper than others and go out of their way to ensure you have a great time! Book with this company and you won’t be disappointed!

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"booked trips"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ihad such an amazing time during this trip. Mahmoud has been a great tour guide. Very stimulating and interesting explanations. He is been very honest giving us the right advices and very easygoing. He is also a very good photographer: he took such nice pictures of us. Plus I have never felt unsafe. I was honestly scared at the beginnig in view of what the media every day says. But I have to admit that I have felt very very safe and people have been very nice to all of us.
Pyramids and sphinx: such an amazing wonder. So please go. . I definetly raccomend to travel with this company,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an exellent tour to Cairo. Our guide was professional and he showed us everything in this exiting city! The pyramids, the egyptian museeum, and the Nile was great! Egypt seems safe!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time to egypt. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive due to all the bad reputation on media. But I must say this. Please go on this tour! I could not be happier with our choice!!!! ;) Three girls decided to get on the plane and come to Cairo. A lot could go wrong, right? But no. I never felt unsafe or at risk. We visited all the places that were mentioned and more. Mahmoud is a very knowledgeable guide and took amazing photos on beautiful sites! I am very please with my choice! We also have another trip booked to Luxor which I am gonna do a review as well.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I'm happy to recommend this company after our 2 trips last mohth.
They beat everyone on price yet provided a fantastic 5 star service throughout.

We holiday in Hurghada twice a year but have always been apprehensive about venturing out of our beachside hotel so we checked out many tour operators before finally choosing EgyptExcursions to show us Egypt's famous attractions

Our main aim was to see the Pyramids - we didn't fancy spending all day driving from our hotel in Hurghada to Cairo so looked for a Day Trip including flight. There were a number of companies offering similar tours - but we chose EgyptExcursions for 3 reasons:
1) They advertised lowest price and offered discount for multiple trips
2) As there were six in our group they offeredfree upgrade to private trips at no extra cost
3) Communication with Mohamed to answermy queries and agree our requirements was fantastic, clear, quick, professional and friendly.

To book I only paid 10% deposit via PayPal and, after keeping in touch with Mohamed online in the weeks before travelling, we ended up putting all our eggs into one basket by cancelling our existing airport transfers and switching them to EgyptExcursions too (again - at a saving!).

As well as the Cairo trip I booked the six of us onto a day trip from Hurghada to Luxor - this time driving, but again we were upgraded (free of charge) to a private tour.

From the moment we landed at Hurghada, our transport was always there exactly when it was meant to be. We were picked up and escorted around in our very own 12 seater minivan everywhere we went by friendly guides & drivers and Mohamed, who had arranged our trips, was always quick to answer any questions via Whatsapp.

Our first day trip was to Cairo. I'd been in touch with Mohamed the day before via Whatsapp to reconfirm our hotel pickup and sure enough our minibus was outside the hotel at 4:15am as planned for the half hour transfer to Hurghada airport, where we were provided with a flight voucher and escorted to checkin. After a 1 hour flight on a 50 seater Petroleum AIr Services plane (drink & snack provided) we were met at Cairo airport at 7:30am by our guide for the day, Mahmoud who introduced us to our very friendly driver and quickly loaded us into our private minibus for the day.

The traffic in Cairo is a nightmare - I've never seen anywhere so busy, chaotic and noisy but our driver nonchalantly manoeuvred us across town to our first stop at the Saladin Citadel and its amazing views down into Old Cairo and beyond. On the way, Mahmoud pointed out many landmarks and provided an informative insight into the different geographical areas.

From there we went on to visit Egyptian museum, take in a private boatride on the Nile before driving out to Giza for a lovely 3 course lunch ( included in price) followed by an afternoon of wonder at the Pyramids and Sphinx.

Our guide Mahmoud made every part of this trip something to remember. He wowed us with his historical knowledge and always kept it interesting,made us feel safe and welcome at all times, got us through all entrances with no fuss and kept any street sellers at bay. His excellent English and humour meant he was more like a member of our group than a guide and he's probably on most of our photos, which reminds me that we have him to thank for some wonderful pictures that he choreographed and took for us. He also convinced us to take a camel ride to the Pyramids observation point - so glad he did!

Bottled water was provided, on request, on 2 occasions but one thing I would suggest is keeping a good supply of drinks, ideally in a cooler box, in the minibus as it's a very long, hot, busy day and there aren't any obvious opportunities to take on water.

We were able to tailor the day to prioritise the things we wanted to see and do and Mohamed even met up with us for lunch and to say hello. At the end of a very long day we were checked in for our flight back to Hurghada where our transfer awaited to take us back to our hotel. A wonderful day discovering Pyramids and Cairo thanks to EgyptExcursions but special thanks to our guide Mahmoud who helped make our experience memorable.

4 days later, after a few chats with Mohamed on Whatsapp, the same minibus was back to drive us to Luxor. Another early start for a 4 hour drive to meet our guide in Luxor but we were able to stop when we wanted and there was plenty of room to stretch out on the way. Much of the drive there is through mountain/desert but driving through the city of Qena on the way gives a great view of Egyptian life.

We met Marwa, our Egyptian guide for the day who spoke very good English, outside Karnak temple and, after a brief introduction we were quickly through the entrance and into our first, and largest, location of the day. This place is massive and has loads of temples, statues, plinths. Marwa certainly knows her Egyptology - she told us so much about everything we saw and answered any questions we had. If anything she probably gave too much information and we did struggle to take it all in! She was also happy to take our group photos on request although Mahmoud needs to provide her with some training on how / where to take the best pictures!

We were given the option of lunch in a restaurant or on our very own Nile cruise - we chose the latter so we took to the water once again, with a Chicken And Rice takeaway, followed by traditional tea served by the boat captain. It was nice to have some time on the rural Nile after our earlier time seeing mainly hotels and apartment buildings in Cairo.
There then followed a rather unnecessary stopoff at an island growing bananas where Marwa also took the opportunity to sell my wife a necklace before we transferred back to our waiting minibus four our afternoon excursions, first to Hatshepsut's temple then to Valley Of The Kings.

Marwa's knowledge was again in evidence as she told us so much about what we were seeing at the temple, before leaving us to look around on our own. From there, the short drive to Valley Of The Kings included a stopoff at an Alabaster factory. The owner provides a demonstration of how it's made which had us all in stitches with his workers' Minions impressions. Even if you don't buy anything from his store the demo alone is worth a visit and donation.

Our Valley Of The Kings ticket includes entrance to any 3 of the 70+ tombs (except TutanKamun's which is extra). Due to the heat we basically picked the first three we hit but all were fascinating.Guides aren't allowed in apparently so Marwa gave us some history before we went into each.

We dropped our guide off shortly after and our driver took us back to Hurghada - happy to stop if/when we wanted to. Long drive back to our hotel but well worth it - another great trip!

In summary: Memorable trips provided by a fantastic, reliable company at an unbelievable price. And Mohamed - Mahmoud deserves a payrise!