“so many reasons to choose Guiding Galapagos....”

Guiding Galapagos Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Puerto Ayora
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private and personalized tours to the Galapagos Islands. A different and authentic way to discover the famous archipelago in the Pacific Ocean. All itineraries are designed by a naturalist guide who was born on the islands and lives and works there ever since.
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My friend and I, along with our 25 yr old kids recently planned a trip to the Galapagos with Guiding Galapagos. I can only echo the other reviews on this page - the planning, suggestions, email exchanges, and all of Steffi's suggestions for our itinerary were spot on. However, in addition, I would like to speak to the support and help given me by Yazmany 48 hours into our 7 day adventure. I received word that my mother had died. Yazmany, who happened to be in the GG office at 8pm making sure the next days plans would be perfect, when told of the situation, spent many hours on the phone booking me a flight from Baltra to Quito, and arranged all of my transportation back to the airport in Baltra for the next morning. He was amazing. His compassionate response and help made an incredibly difficult and horrendous experience more bearable. My family, friends, and I are so grateful for meeting Yazmany and all the wonderful people who work with GG. His humanity and compassion are expressed as well in every aspect of the experience that GG offers.

2  Thank elizabeth922015
"snorkeling activity"
"book with confidence"
"unique destination"

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Guiding Galapagos was nothing short of AMAZING. This company coordinated our trip to complete perfection. My friend and I never had to lift a finger, all we had to do was show up and the rest was taken care of. The staff is truly kind, intelligent, helpful, and patient. Not only were they extremely hospitable and helpful, but we learned so much about the Galapagos. I definitely felt sad leaving because you feel attached to the staff. They're truly friendly and good people. Because of Guiding Galapagos, I am already planning my trip to return and explore more!

1  Thank Daya J
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I could not recommend Guiding Galapagos more highly! The team at Guiding Galapagos is absolutely amazing and made every effort to ensure that our trip to the Galapagos was perfect! First, they create a custom itinerary for you based on your interests and the time you have in Galapagos. Yazmany's knowledge of the islands is second to none, and the itinerary he creates for you gives you the best possible chances to see everything that you want to see while you are there.

Second, once you arrive in Galapagos, the team at Guiding Galapagos takes care of EVERYTHING. They are there to greet you at the airport, and someone is there to guide you throughout your entire stay. They drop you off at each excursion, and pick you up after. Each day they give you the details of the following day, including timing, what to wear, answer any questions, etc.

Also, you are provided with top-of-the-line snorkeling equipment, which I didn't fully appreciate until i saw the equipment that was provided on the excursions. I was VERY glad to have the equipment that Guiding Galapagos provided.

We met many travelers while on the islands who spent a lot of (valuable) time deciding which tours would be best for the rest of their stay and it was so nice to know that this was all taken care of for us ahead of time. After we finished our excursion(s) for the day, we could just relax and enjoy the islands. We had a full schedule and didn't have to worry about a thing!

Finally, these guys know the islands and the timing of everything SO well that they are able to maximize your time on the islands. We could not have packed as much into our 4 days there without going through Guiding Galapagos.

Thank you so much to everyone at Guiding Galapagos for making our trip so incredible!

2  Thank Lindsay S
Reviewed 1 June 2018

It’s been a year since we returned from our trip to Galapagos and the ONLY reason it’s taken so long to write this review is because I’m at a loss for words . . . because it was such a fantastic trip!

Guiding Galapagos did an exceptional job customizing our itinerary and organizing all the big and small stuff. So much so, that I’ve been at a loss for words (yes, for a year!) trying to figure out the best way to communicate this to others. But, I will try . . .

BIG STUFF
- Customized our itinerary to fit us and we wanted to see & do
- Greeted us at airport and took care of all transportation in and around the islands
- Made all hotel reservations
- Gave us a refund for taxes we paid in advance of a country-wide change in their tax rate. Yes. I’m serious! And, I’m listing this under “Big Stuff” because, though the dollar amount was not huge, the honesty factor is enormous!

SMALLER STUFF (but, so wonderful, it’s really “Big Stuff”)
- We were greeted by G.G. staff every day, transported / escorted to our tour starting points and returned to our hotel afterwards. This may seem like a small detail but, in a foreign country at a busy boat dock, for example, with everyone going in different directions, the G.G. staff made it all simple by telling us where to go and what to do.
- We were fitted with wetsuits upon arrival, kept them throughout our stay and returned them before leaving Galapagos. What a fantastic idea! On snorkel and SCUBA days, instead of scrambling around the boat, trying to find wetsuit gear that fit us, we sat back, relaxed and watched all the “non-G.G.” participants do this. Then, when it was time, we just slipped into our gear and jumped in the water.

There were other things G.G. did to make our visit to the islands truly incredible and memorable. But, bottom line, Yazmany has set up his company to make each person feel special and welcome. And, a big thanks goes to Steffi as well, who was quick to reply to our emails and really worked hard to make sure our visit to Galapagos would be unforgettable. And, it was!!

Thank you both again!!!